Doctor's appointment on Monday

KTMom91

rebelson, I don't post often, since my daughter is grown, and for the most part, able to keep it together. I do read along, however. I've been here since the late 90's, and have seen many people come and go - myself included. Overall, this is a safe place, with people who are mostly just trying to help.

I agree that this is not a competition, or it shouldn't be. We're all struggling, and we're all just one phone call away from devastation. You're also correct when you say we all matter and we need to be kind. Hugs to you. Please keep posting.

MyFriendKita

I wonder how many others have been driven away by 'bull in a china shop' posts.

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/community/threads/doctors-appointment-on-monday.62437/#ixzz4CXAlPI3P

Several. I, too, have been on this board a long time, and don't post much now, for this reason. I read nearly every day, but don't post. I feel a (very) few long term members sometimes bully others, especially newcomers, and it really ticks me off. I even made my password something I couldn't remember so I wouldn't be tempted to post and jump on them with both feet. The best way I've found to handle it is to just not read posts by certain people. There are some who are just going to rub you the wrong way every time.

I hope you will stay, though, because there are some very kind and wise people on here. I think they make up for the few who are bullies. And I think you have something to offer others. It would be a shame for that to be lost because of one or two people.

Californiablonde

CB, I would bet that you understand that RN, in a daze, IC, nlj and I, all gave you some different ideas out of pure kindness and not of malice. I have anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD))-which are mental illnesses. Nobody has the right to downplay anybody elses' anxiety as 'not serious'. Mine can be severe and can affect my daily enjoyment of life, for days in a row, weeks at a time. Not to mention the on and off, up and down stress of worry for my addict son.

I also have all of these at different times with my anxiety episodes. These are not just for the 'more serious mental illnesses'.

I did not read any 'shaming' comments, except one. This comment reminds me of the shame ball that was being discussed on another thread.

I call this a 'hurt and run' post.

Thank you. However, after I read SWOT's long-winded drama comment, a sudden rush of anxiety hit me like a brick and has completely ruined my evening. It takes a lot for me to get angry, but I am angry that such kind, trying-to-help posts..could be twisted so.

I thought CD was supposed to be 'A soft place to land for battle weary parents'...maybe it's not the right place for me. Where I would go for online support from here? I have nowhere.
I wonder how many others have been driven away by 'bull in a china shop' posts.
I never thought of your post as anything but kind, rebelson. I can certainly empathize with you on the anxiety front. I really hope you decide to stay, and you are feeling better now. I hope you can have a nice weekend. Hugs.

BusynMember

I did not want to read the responses to my explanation of mental illness, but I read a few lines of the last post and a few in rebeksons.

I dont want anyone to leave because I tried to explain the hell of untreated mental illness or that for most of us,we need medication and that I personally dont like anyones needed medications referred to as poisen. A trigger I guess.

if I made anyone feel bad, Im sorry. I feel bad and a bit angry when people who are not mentally ill tell me to get off the medication. Nobody should play doctor in my opinion. it makes people who need psychiatric medications feel like we shouldnt take them. It is something told to us a lot by people that think they are 'happy pills" or bad for us.

There are good ideas here about what to do in conjunction with medications and therapy. The more things we add to our routine, the better. Yoga is good. Supplements are good. Meditation is a great help. Most likely we will still need our medication, but all that other healthy stuff is a booster.

I know nobody meant anything bad but I didnt either.

I was not speaking for CB. She can speak for herself.

Again, I know everyone meant well. It is often hard to understand that major mental illnesses are bioligical in nature because the symptoms make most people think we can, say, control our moods.

I will continue to refrain from reading this thread. I shouldnt even have peaked.

CB, I hope you get reluef for your anxiety in any way that helps you.

Good night to all!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You've received good options CB, you can weigh the responses and decide what path is best for you. I know how troubling this is for you, and I hope you find a solution very soon. My heart goes out to you, I've been in the grips of anxiety and it's pretty awful.

Personally, I come from a bio family of much mental illness and in fact, that's what put me on the path of learning about many different holistic and alternative approaches. I like to keep an open mind so I can be available to anything that works. My family, in all their craziness, helped me to be able to see beyond what is usual, where, without judgement, there is often a lot to learn.

I appreciate the knowledge Rebelson brought to this thread and in fact, wrote all of the suggestions down, because I've read a bit about it too and it is certainly worth checking out. Her suggestions may help a multitude of people reading this thread and for that, I am grateful.

Each of us brings our unique richness to this board.....and we also bring our individual baggage too......probably much of it brought on by our adult kids. I'm not sure you can stay here and not have your feelings be hurt, or feel cast out, or in some way maligned. I certainly have.....and once it was public and quite hurtful. But, we're all only human....... what we gain here, what we can offer here, far outweighs those bumps in the road. At least from where I sit.....we're all in this together, this odd, strange, messed up landscape where we often endure quite a bit of pain and suffering........but we have a place to go, where most of the time, there is someone around who will say, "I know how you feel, I'm glad you're here." And, that makes a pretty big difference in our life in that moment...

Californiablonde

CB - how did your doctor appointment go? I hope things went well.

KSM
My doctor ended up giving me samples of the Trintellix my insurance denied. 9 weeks worth, to be exact. In the meantime, he is going to fight my insurance company to cover the medication for me. I need lots of luck with this. First off, the new medication needs to work. Secondly, my insurance needs to change their mind about covering it. I have never had this happen before, with a medication being denied, and have never had a doctor fight it, so I have no idea what the outcome will be. I hope it all works out. I really think my supervisor will get that front office position, and I will have double the amount of phone calls next year. I can't even handle what I have now. Double the work would be unbearable for me. I hope I don't obsess about this all summer.

InsaneCdn

First, I really hope the medication works.

Even here, we sometimes have to fight for coverage for medications. And yes, sometimes doctors win against insurance company when it comes to medications. Especially when there's a long list of things that have been tried and/or cannot be used because of other contraindications.

Californiablonde

First, I really hope the medication works.

Even here, we sometimes have to fight for coverage for medications. And yes, sometimes doctors win against insurance company when it comes to medications. Especially when there's a long list of things that have been tried and/or cannot be used because of other contraindications.
Thank you, InsaneCdn, that helps!

ksm

It sounds like your Dr. is a keeper.
Check out this link to a patient assistance program to get trintellix from the pharmacy company that makes it. I have used a different program for another medication when my son did not have a way to pay.

http://www.takeda.us/responsibility/patient_assistance_program.aspx

I don't know if they help people whose ins. company denies the medication or just for those who have no insurance. Can't hurt to check it out.

KSM