Does anyone else think this is disgusting?

Marguerite

I remember watching a little kid do this in the doctor's waiting room once. I said to the receptionist, "I wish I was able to do that."
She said, "Why do you want to bite your own toenails?"
I said, "I don't want to actually do it, I just want to be ABLE to do it - to be still that flexible."

However, on the subject of finding pieces of toenail ANYWHERE except in the bin - this is a safety issue. Not a health issue, just safety. Toenails can be hard little chips of keratin, they also have pointy, sharp edges. I walk around the house in bare feet, I do not want to get my foot impaled on a piece of toenail. So ANYBODY whose toenails are left lying around - they get the clean-up duty.

Scissors are better anyway, for trimming toenails. Teeth just can't do as neat a job, and it's those rough edges that often make people want to bite their nails more. Teach them how to ue decent clippers and a file, to smooth the rough edges. Then there will be less need (or temptation) to bite nails. Finger or toe.

Grounding or being sent to their room doesn't teach this lesson. However, a 'punishment' of a lesson in appropriate grooming as well as being made to clean up - definitely appropriate. And more likely to be effective.

I don't find this disgusting, just annoying and inconsiderate.

Marg