does anyone else

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
watch certain movies over and over........????

Just finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Ahhhhhhh lots of good watching there.

I know within the next week or so I will watch Gone with the Wind. I saw it the night easy child was born so I revisit it at least every year around her birthday and it is coming up. I have a few others I watch a lot. 28 days, Hidalgo, Hope Floats, Gladiator a few others that are recurring movies. I used to watch GI Jane tons when I felt the need for woman power.

Just wondered what anyone else's old standards are. Or if you even watch movies over.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth,

I haven't watched a movie all the way through in years. Too many interruptions around here.

Having said that, since I got sick, I've been watching the History Channel & History International Channel ad nauseaum. I know husband is getting tired of all the programs on Hitler (that guy was a total difficult child), Nerfertitti, Cleopatra & Anthony, anything pyramid related. Of late, I've been watching the Naked Archeologist whenever it comes on. I can tell you the major battles of WWI & WWII. Not much on Korea.

I have the history of the Knights Templar down as well.

I've learned things about Vietnam I didn't want to know & gives me a feeling of real appreciation & indebtedness toward our veterans.

No, not watching movies - I'm obsessed with history instead.

I need to go out & pick up every Mel Brooks movie & start laughing. I need to find a copy of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - it's a hoot. I need to sit down & watch Finding Nemo - just because of the sea turtles scenes.

I need to laugh.

So I do watch things over. It's just not movies of late.

If I were watching movies it would be Lion in Winter, Steel Magnolias, Bringing Up Baby, Harvey, African Queen, To Kill a Mockingbird, Beetlejuice, Spaceballs & most likely the original Star Wars Trilogy.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
See I have been downloading only history podcasts of late. When I work I listen to those. Mostly Biography stuff but other history too. Nothing like you are but a little each day. But when I am at home the dvd goes in. No matter what I am doing.

Beth

Lothlorien

I have the entire LOTR Extended series. I never really have the time to watch them, but when I get sick, I curl up in bed and have a Ringfest. So I've seen them over and over.

That being said, I usally watch a movie once. Sometime later, if it's on TV and nothing else is on, I will watch it again.

When I was a kid, I think I watched 16 candles with Molly Ringwald about 200 times. I had that whole stupid movie memorized word for word.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I prefer books and I will re-read certain ones over and over again (The Outlander series, for example)!!

However, I have a few movies I will pop in when I am in a certain mood...Moonstruck is my all time favorite movie to just chill and unwind to with a glad of red wine :smile:, all the lights down low and me all warm and comfy on the big brown couch!

And if I'm in beauty shop mode giving myself a pedi/mani, I will pop in either Legally Blond or Sweet Home Alabama. I love those movies with Reese Witherspoon.

And if I'm just plain old bored and its a rainy Sunday I might pop in Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell - that movie never gets old for me.

We also have many holiday movies that we watch over and over again. And then the epics, like LOTR and others.

I bought a bunch of books a month ago at the library book fair and I've finished them all! I am officially out of books. Time to hit the library and Stop & Shop to pick up some cheapies.

The most recent book I read, in case anyone is interested, is Cane River. Excellent!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shreck movies regarding DONKEY - know them by heart.

And I like to watch the 13th warrior to see Dennis Storhoi. OMG what a Norseman. I got less excited when I found out his wife was in it. Even in fantasy land I'm a good girl. :angel:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not ordinarily someone who will rewatch a movie. But there are a few I will.

The Harry Potter series I'll watch til I'm blue in the face, add to that reading the books. Never liked that sort of thing til HP came out, so go figure. lol

Gothica with Haily Berry. LOVE that movie. Hmmmm, think me and Nichole will watch it tonite. lol good for halloween.

And just about all of the Disney cartoons. (this is what happens when a Mom is too cheap to let her kids see them as children lol) But I must confess, I'm watching them just as much because I'm facinated by the art and animation that goes into making them.

Oops! Forgot the oldies but goodies. Life With Father (the orginal) Yours Mine and Ours (the original with Lucy). And there are 2 John Wayne ones but for the life of me I can't recall the titles. grrrrr.

But the rest are one time deals pretty much. I'll tend to watch a classic movie from before 1960 again, but the modern ones just usually don't quite measure up. lol

I watch movies over and read books over.

I've read the Patrick O'Brian series of 20 novels about the Royal Navy (British) in the Napoleonic Wars -- what fans call "the canon" -- all the way through about 4 or 5 times. Always find something I never noticed before.

As a kid I reread Beau Geste, Mutiny on the Bounty (the whole trilogy), and CS Forrester's Horatio Hornblower series (also deals with the Royal Navy in the Napoleonic Wars) over and over.

I've seen Titanic, Master and Commander (based on the O'Brian characters), Apollo 13, Walk the Line, and Pride and Prejudice (the BBC miniseries and the recent movie version), among others, many times.

I've also been exposed to so much High School Musical and HSM2 that I have most of the songs memorized and can knowledgably discuss all things HSM with easy child 1 and her friends, and let me tell you, those girls know everything about HSM.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
See I do read books over again also. husband wondered why I got second copies of a couple of books. When I explained it was so I didn't wear out the original he shook his head and walked away.

I wonder is it like comfort brain food.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
We watch movies over and over! We own probably over 200 movies. husband is a major movie buff.

I do read some books over but not as much as movies. My favorite movie that I love to watch is very old, The Trouble with Angels. It's very sweet and innocent but I just love it!

susiestar

Roll With It
Fried Green Tomatoes, Where the Boys are, Harry Potters, many many more. Watch a lOT of kids movies, and the kids watch them over and over. Just pulled out Little Vampire and some other halloween ones like Halloweentown, etc...

for me, give a Law and Order or CSI, I just love them.

Susie