Does anyone watch NCIS?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I absolutely LOVED tonight's episode. The investigation wasn't such a big thing but I adored all of the background on Gibbs. I love when Mark Harmon grins so the part when he came roaring around the corner in his hot rod just cracked me up!

DammitJanet

I loved tonights episode too. Gibbs is one of my favorite characters. There is just something about that man to me. I really loved that looking back part with him and shannon. I almost cried. And when he and his dad hugged good bye...tissue night for sure!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Just recently discovered NCIS, really enjoy the characters. LOVED last night's episode. Couldn't have cast a better actor to play Gibbs Sr. Didn't realize how much I missed Daddy Walton until I saw him again! Got a big kick out of finding out Shannon is the creator of The Rules :->

Peace

DammitJanet

Ya know...Daddy Walton must be making a come back or something. He made an appearance in Law and Order SVU last night too. That was also an amazing episode.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I only watch it sporadically but enjoy it every time I do.

Was Shannon his wife? What's the story there?

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I didn't get to watch it and pay attention to everything, missed the part about Shannon and the Creator of the Rules, but thought the acting by Harmon was great when it came to playing son, then back to "boss"....... loved the scene where dad gave him the car...... about forty years too late, but loved the roaring around the corner......... with the biggest smile!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
You know how one of the things about Gibbs is that he's been married a few times? Shannon was his first wife. She and their daughter were killed, I believe, around the time of the first Gulf War. There has only been sporadic mention of them over the seasons but more comes out each year. There was one episode a couple of years ago or so (I think after Ziva started but I don't remember for sure) that had to do with Gibb's daughters best friend. That one was kind of heart breaking. During the episode, it came out that the daughter and her friend had buried a treasure chest/time capsule in Gibb's back yard. The now grown friend told him about it and where to find it. He dug it up during the episode but never opened it and at the end, reburied it. If you went to the show's site at CBS.com, you could open it and see what was inside. (I think that may still be there, I don't know). It was kind of sad actually.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I didn't get to watch it and pay attention to everything, missed the part about Shannon and the Creator of the Rules, but thought the acting by Harmon was great when it came to playing son, then back to "boss"....... loved the scene where dad gave him the car...... about forty years too late, but loved the roaring around the corner......... with the biggest smile!!!

Shannon and the rules was at the very end. When he was leaving town, he got stopped by a train. He looked over at the old train station and "remembered" when he and Shannon met. They were both waiting on the same train and were talking. She said something about how he wasn't a lumberjack (he was in uniform) because rule #3 was that she didn't date lumberjacks. He asked if she had a rule for everything and she said that she hopes to.

Ephchap

Another NCIS Fan ! Yes, I too loved last night's episode. It was a box of tissues for me too - the hug, the backstory on Shannon and the rules and yes, I LOVED that smile on Gibbs' face when he peeled out in the car his dad had restored.

I just love the interaction of characters on this show. I was worried in the season opener when the team had been disbanded, but LOVE that they are all back together.

Great show ... and yes, Mark Harmon is still a very good looking guy !

Deb

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for filling us in on Shannon..... I always thought the reason he was married so many times was that he was trying to find that "feeling" again that he had with first wife and daughter who died.......

DammitJanet

Shannon and his dtr were killed during some kind of plot either right before he became NCIS or soon after. That guy who was his boss...the guy who he ran off to him Mexico...was there when that happened.

I am a huge NCIS fan because they stage it at Quantico and from time to time Jamie would see them. I love to see the shots of the grounds because I can identify places. Also being a Marine mom I would hope there would be a Gibbs around should anything ever happen to Jamie. Actually I would probably be screaming...Send in Gibbs...lol.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It was a great episode. Loved it and thought the whole show was so touching.
The past is so painful to watch in his face.
I love the little guy, Zack. He ended up talking like Gibbs.
Didn't you love when Daddy Gibbs pulled his rifle while sitting on the porch to keep the police bully away?
One of my favorite things is how Gibbs loves Abby.
I am now trying to catch up with old episodes on USA channel.