Does this make sense?

KFld

difficult child called DSS in regards to a letter he got in the mail for him to contact his caseworker. She wasn't in, but he talked to someone else who told him he still has to go to court next month to end everything, she added, if the baby isn't yours, because she said since she's not his worker she couldn't give him that information. She then said something like that doesn't mean it will all be over. Of course difficult child doesn't ask, but what could that mean. If he's not on the birthcertificate and he's not the father, proven by the dna test, is there anything else they can hold him responsible for???

I told him to keep calling until he gets through to his worker because I want him to hear it from her mouth that he's not the father and also to ask what that means.

Anyone have any idea??

Hi Karen, I don't remember if you said elsewhere, but has anybody actually told DSS about the paternity test results yet (even if they themselves ordered the test, this probably has to be done)? The wheels turn very slow, and every sub-department has to have their own copies (in triplicate) of everything. They never talk to each other, so you will have to function as liaison yourself, and it'll take months for the bookkeeping to catch up, no doubt. Sorry to be a downer.

KFld

Wingnuts DSS worker told her the results of the paternity test over the phone, and I'm assuming they have different workers, but regardless DSS does have the results. He needs to keep calling until he gets through to his worker. She wasn't at her desk and, of course, her voicemail box is full, so that is why he ended up talking to someone else who cannot give him any information, because they are not his caseworker. I just want him to hear this for himself. I'm sure there is no reason wingnut would have told him he's not the father if he is, but I just need him to hear it for himself before I will be completeley relaxed about this information.

I know how you feel. I'm holding a good thought for you, crossing fingers, and generally "rattling beads" that everything gets taken care of quickly, smoothly, and correctly.

KFld

Thanks. I'm just hoping the lady just doesn't know what she's talking about because she probably doesn't even know he's not on the birthcertificate. He needs to keep calling until he gets through to his worker.

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
I have heard of sad-but-true stories where a man who was NOT the bio father was still forced to pay child support. Something about accepting responsibility for the child when he "thought" it was his, and the courts ended up siding with the bio mom. Not sure why, though.

Mikey

KFld

He has never accepted responsibility in the 5 months since she was born. He denied it with DSS and his name is not on the birthcertificate. He has never lived with her or supported the baby, so I'm sure the case worker he spoke to just can't tell him anything because she doesn't have the details of the case.

DammitJanet

I think he is ok Karen. Just tell him to go to court and get it cleared up. I dont think there is anything they can get him on since it isnt his child.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I ditto Janet. Stop worrying. As long as dna came back that he isn't the father there isn't a problem.

Instances where a non bio dad pays support are 1. a man who is married to a woman who gets pregnant by another man before they are legally divorced. If you are married to the mother the law views you as the child's father regardless of dna results and you will be held responsible. 2. if you adopted non bio child.

The first senerio happened to my brother not once, but TWICE! How's that for learning your lesson??? :nonono: :faint:

I don't even see a reason for a court hearing as it would be wasting the court's valuable time. But they might want to tie up loose ends so to speak.

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> well the hearing would be to tie everything up in a nice legal bow. the results of the test need to be presented to the judge who is overseeing the case so he can dismiss any responsibility your son was percieved to have.

IF his name had been on the birth certificate he could have gotten hit with-child support as the presumptive father. it wasn't so he should be in the clear.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

KFld

He still couldn't get ahold of his case worker all day yesterday. He was at my house and called until 4:00 when they closed. It kept going to her voicemailbox which of course was full.
He is going to call this morning again and hopefully get through.

TYLERFAN

I think it will be fine. The judge will get the paperwork and the case will get dismissed.
Congrats!!!!

Blessings,
Melissa