does this mean I am a Cougar?

Steely

So.........despite my inner angst & turmoil and momma bear kick butt instinct with-Matt (see PE) I thought I should write about something happy.

I have been hanging out with this awesome, super hot 29 year old.
Gabe.
(Imagine Desperate Housewives and the lawnboy episodes.)

Anyway, so he and I went to Sedona yesterday, which is a 3 hour drive, and we had simply the best time. He made me laugh and be young again. He is the first person that I have met in a long time, that when I talk about Matt, he totally relates to Matt, not me. I can't explain the difference, but it is awesome. I guess he is young enough that he still connects to what it feels like to be a teenager.

Anyway, so we were shopping in Sedona, and we walked into The Gap. He had bought me a bunch of stuff at another store with his employee discount, so I told him I would pay him back by buying him something at The Gap. So I was checking out, and I was buying him this jacket he wanted.
Totally deadface he looked at the cashier and said,
"yea, she takes good care of me"
And the cashier said
"oh, hmmm.........a sugar momma, huh"
And he said,
"yea, she takes really good care of me."
He kept repeating that until I was blood red in the face. Totally playing this cashier.
Seriously, I know it is juvenile, but I walked out of the store and laughed forever.

Today he texted me and left me post it notes at work - "you take such good care of me."
It was super silly. But super fun. We are not actually having sex or really fooling around - he is just super flirty and makes me feel young. Unlike the other guy who said "I only like girls who look good in a bikini" - this guys likes me for me. He always tells me I am hot, and pretty, and is always putting his arm around me and making me feel young again. Yes, he is super young, and he probably likes any female that walks & breaths. I get that. I know that. Yet, he makes me feel happy.

Anyway. Thought I would share my happy spots in life. Gabe is gonna leave my town soon just like most people here. Life here is only temporary. But happy none the less. And oh, did I mention how much I love my Jeep. :tongue:

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Who cares if they think you are a Cougar or a Sugar Momma? Enjoy the fun with him!

Does he watch every woman you pass? Turn his head to watch another woman right in front of you? If he doesn't then he may be as attracted to you as he seems.

29 is not that young. I was married with 3 kids at 29. My husband is 11, almost 12, years older. I know couples where she is older by that much and/or more. Don't assume that because he is younger he cannot be interested and/or seriously interested. Let it ride.

Just let yourself enjoy. He sounds like a real sweetie, and just what this Dr. Mom ordered!

I know what you mean when you say he "gets" Matt. It is different than having him "get" you when you talk about Matt. This is a good thing. It can help give you a guy's viewpoint on Matt's actions.

I am glad you have this sunshine and fun in your life. You so totally deserve it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Jeep Momma,

Please send picture of Gabes-babes back. Thank you.

Signed
Cougar Determination Committee

klmno

I agree- 29yo is old enough for him to know what he wants so if he makes you happy, go for it- just protect your heart because he's not looking at forever here.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I agree- 29yo is old enough for him to know what he wants so if he makes you happy, go for it- just protect your heart because he's not looking at forever here.

29 is definately old enough. My husband married me when he was 27 and had already been married twice before. As for the forever......not saying one way or another but you never know.

And again Steely.....I look at you slyly and say

RAWR!

Steely

;) You guys make me smile! Thanks!

And, um, did I mention I am also "hanging out" with Ross? (hehe). He is my age. They both know about the other, so no worries, but their attention is causing me to feel like quite the princess!:tongue:

All 3 of us want nothing serious in our lives right now - so it is perfect. Everything is just flirty and yummy with no strings or expectations. And yes, Star, I will send you gabe babes back. LOL.

klmno

It sounds like you've got your head on straight- in that case, Have Fun!

And feel free to share your secret! LOL!

muttmeister

Sounds good to me.

Besides, by my calculation you are only 13 years older than he is. If it were a man who was with a woman ONLY 13 years younger, people wouldn't even notice.

Have fun!

jbrain

When I was 42 I dated a guy who was 31--now that was fun!!! Didn't last but it gave me a nice boost when I needed it. Then I married an "older" guy--6 yrs older than me--just what I needed to help me raise 3 kids.
You go, Cougar!!!
Jane

Steely

Oh, you guys are so right about taking everything lightly. You know how hard that is for me!!! I am so passionate & sensitive. :sick:

I went out with Gabe today, and I found myself having these super strong feelings for him. I actually made myself go home, and chill. I cannot get to that place with him. He is young, he is wild, and he is free..........he will not stick around in this podunk town. He is too smart, he will have to move on.

This town is the land of temporary. I think we all come here for a season, and then we have to move on. It is a weird lifestyle to adapt to - yet it is probably what I need for now.