DOG TV

Scent of Cedar *

There is a free trial of DOG TV through the holiday. I have it on now.

I love it.

For me.

It is soothing, calming, and happy. Scenes of people playing with their dogs at the beach, or of people saying "Good dog" so gently or of quirky sounds and calming music.

Better than the best meditation tape, because I just have it on in the background and I don't have to do a thing. (Like being serious about being a better person or getting calm or any of that.)

:O)

I put it on for the dog because I am going shopping.

He doesn't seem to think too much of it. They say dogs cannot see T.V.

Does anyone know whether that is true?

I turned the volume up for him.

He likes to hear the whistles and splashing water, but he does not seem able to see the screen.

Cedar

BusynMember

I think my dog can see the television...hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe it's just a blur? I don't know. I put on MTV's Christmas music for the dogs...lol. Normally it is soft rock, but now it is all Christmas :) I used to put on MTV's classical music, but our new apartment doesn't have the capacity to get the classic music station. I hope they get it soon. I have heard that classical music soothes dogs and I KNOW it soothes me.

My dogs react to the Animal Planet when a dog barks. Then they both start barking...lol.

donna723

They had another free trial of it on a few months ago. I have four dogs - three Boston Terriers and one other elderly mixed breed dog. Of the four of them, three ignored it completely. The only time they paid attention was if there was a dog barking. But the fourth one, my little boy Boston, absolutely loved it! He sat quietly in front of the TV totally captivated by it, like a kid watching cartoons!

donna723

So I guess you could say that 25% of my dogs approved of Dog TV. But my little guy who watched it was fascinated. His favorite part was when they were showing a dog walking around in a field or a park or something like that. But they didn't actually show the dog, just what the dog saw, from his point of view. He was walking through tall grass. sniffing things, watching birds fly by, splashing through puddles. It's super boring for people to watch but apparently some dogs love it

nlj

They say dogs cannot see T.V.
Does anyone know whether that is true?

I don't know about dogs, but our cat loves watching TV, especially cricket and snooker and sometimes golf. She watches films with us too and 'talks' to the TV if any cats appear. One of her favourite films is Charlotte's Web, there's an animated rat in it, our cat goes up closer to the TV and watches his every move. More entertaining than the film!

donna723

Sure, they can see the TV! From what I understand, they see color a bit differently than we do but they can see it. My older dog, the 16 year old, doesn't care for Dog TV but she will sometimes just sit in front of the TV and watch the news. Or Dr. Phil. And she gets very put out at me if her crate is positioned where she can't see the TV. I wish I could subscribe to the Dog TV for my little one because he enjoys it so much but it costs extra and my bill is already high enough as it is.

Last edited:

KTMom91

Hubby's favorite cat (aka The Princess) sits right in front of the TV during Dr. Phil. She doesn't seem as interested in any other program.

donna723

Is there any way to post a picture here? I just got one of my little Trace, completely absorbed in his Dog TV!

donna723

I left it on for an hour! Beautiful soothing music while watching a red rubbet ball floating in the water! Almost put me to sleep.