Dogchopper...

lynn

What is blue green algae, and the Efflexor? Where do I get it? How do I use it?

husband has told me to do what ever it takes to keep her off drugs!
smile.gif
I love that he is so supportive.

We are starting the elimination diet Monday too...Thought it might be a good place to start.

------------------
Lynn
mother of 3.5 difficult child (girl) ADD possible H/ODD/AC/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
and 7 month old easy child so far (girl)

Ok, the blue green algae, is just waht it sounds like. Algae .. YUCKIE.. but it's got tons of nutrients vitmains minerals... There are two different methods of preparing it. Freeze drying it or air drying it. I hear the freeze drying is much better!! I hear it is good if you can afford it!!!

Ok, I have a bad habit of spelling things wrong. So, it's called Efalex and it's a fatty acid Omega 3 and 5 are the biggies..
And I did find something on dosages but it's confusing cuz it's under a downs syndrome site??? but here is the link anyways.

anyways.. if you have any more questions, let me know!! I'll see what I can find for you.

Take care,

------------------
Nancy
ODD/BIPOLAR/ADD Girl 6yrs
treatment.
Fav. Funny quote-"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably
still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy
>>

lynn

So do you use both GSA and Efalex or just 1 of them?

And what is DHA?

------------------
Lynn
mother of 3.5 difficult child (girl) ADD possible H/ODD/AC/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

I think i would stick with just one of them because if you get too much Vitmain A it's not good for you. I dont know the exact amounts that you can have.
------------------
Nancy
treatment. Fav. Funny quote-"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably
still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy
>>

Kyle's Mom

I have read on some other sites that blue-green algae has caused liver damage in some people due to the algae being contaminated. Evidently the lake where it is harvested is contaminated. Now some people are recommending the kind grown in labs vs. the natural kind.

My 4.5 yr old son has been on Efalex for the past 8 weeks. He is a lot more compliant and the tantrums are fewer. Some people have a deficiency in essential fatty acids and this works for them, but some don't have the deficiency. I buy my Effalex at Wal-Mart, and you can get liquid oil or capsules. The capsules are kind of big but my son swallows them easily. The National Institute of Mental Health is now recognizing that Omega oils can help with bipolar symptoms, but indicate it does not help much with ADHD. In my case it has helped and I would urge everyone to at least give it a try. The instructions say it may take up to 12 weeks to notice a difference, so this isn't an overnight thing.

lynn

Thanks so much for all the info. We are going to get Efalex today and see what happens.

------------------
Lynn

lynn

Went to Wal-Mart today. THEY DON"T HAVE IT. I am going to have to try and find another store that will carry it. Rite-Aid had the pills but she won't swallow them (I have tried)
frown.gif

------------------
Lynn

Hi,
Well I have no idea about the algae?? Maybe that one company is the best after all?? Cell Tech??
As for the other stuff that I can never spell, did you go online and search that webstie to see if they have a liquid??? They should???// But it's been in experience that the liquids taste so bad that the kids refuse to take them?????

------------------
Nancy
treatment. Pfeiffer vitamin therapy &
and on Risperdal!
Fav. Funny quote-"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably
still be a dog. There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy
>>

lynn

Nancy -
Yes, I checked all the sites you listed. They had a lot of info. The one site for Efalex list the stores where you can get it. My mother in law is going to look her way too for me tomorrow. I will get it within the next week.

Thanks so much!
smile.gif

------------------
Lynn