Don't forget to say "I love you" today....

Mom2oddson

On Saturday, our friend Dave came over to visit. husband and Dave are best friends. They joke that they are such best friends that they share the same birthdate. Those two are exactly the same age.

We had a good visit with Dave. We went out on a motorcycle ride until it was time for husband to go to work.

Usually, when Dave leaves, I'm busy so I just yell "good-bye Dave". Saturday, he was leaving as we got off the bikes so I was able to give him a hug good-bye. .....little did I know that it would be the last time I will ever be able to hug him.

Two hours later, a car crossed the centerline and hit him head-on. He died instantly, which is good. His bike was destroyed. His girlfriend was 10 minutes behind him. She was able to say good-bye at the scene. She's devistated.

So, I want to remind everyone life is fragile. You never know when you say good-bye that it might be the last time. So, tell your loved ones that you love them!!

Malika

Thank you for that reminder, so important.
I am sorry for your loss and the loss to your husband of his dear friend.

Mattsmom277

Oh I'm so sorry, condolences from this end and huge hugs for you and husband. :( Life is fragile, your reminder is a good one. (((hugs)))

nvts

I'm so sorry to hear this...what a tragedy. At least you know in your heart that he died doing something that he loved with people that he loved. Life is truly fleeting...

Beth

DammitJanet

Oh gosh Mom2. Hugs to you and your husband. prayers going out to your family and your friends family.

I have a best friend from junior high that we became inseparable back then and we shared the same birthday too. We also almost had a common name...lol. My first name is Janet and her middle name is Janette. How crazy is that?

ctmom05

I'm sorry for your tragic loss - you put it so well when you said that, indeed, we don't know when we say good bye to a special friend or family member if it might be the last time we get that chance .. .. .. how true

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH honey!

I am so very sorry! Sending our sympathies and love! Let us know how you are doing. Take care of you. I was just getting ready to post and see how you were. Please be sure you are taking good care of yourself through this okay? Hugs & Love Star