Don't know if I'll have another chance

KFld

To wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, whatever you celebrate, I wish you all the best.

My dad is on his way to the airport in Florida as I type. I will be picking him up at the airport this afternoon and he will be here in my new home that he hasn't seen yet for Christmas

I don't know if I'll have many more chances to get on the computer once he is here to wish everyone a happy holiday!!

My holiday will be much much different this year, but I really am looking forward to it. This will be the first year for my dad without my mom on Christmas. I haven't spent Christmas with my parents in 10 years since they moved to Florida, so though he will be here without my mom, it will still be nice to celebrate with him after all these years. Then of course it's also the first Christmas since my seperation, so all around it will be very different, but good!!

At the request of the kids s2bx will be coming here on Christmas day for gifts, from them, and dinner. I am actually looking forward to it, not to see him, but so that he can see how great I am doing. I really believe he has it in his head that my life is in shambles and it's far from it. I think he'll be quite shocked to see how lovely and comfy I've made my new home, and I do consider it home. I believe that is the best gift I am giving myself, making sure he knows that I am surviving without him and I am happy with my life.

Wait til he see's my classy trash can!!!! Won't he be jealous. He may have a new girlfriend, but he doesn't have a classy trash can.

Anyway, I'm wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season. I hope everyone's holiday goes uneventful and that everyone's troubles all disappear for for this special day!!

everywoman

It all sounds good Karen. I think that sometimes women don't realize how strong they are until they have to face real adversity. You have done amazingly well in all of this. I'm glad you are planning a nice day for the kids. Let S2BX think what he wants. As long as you are happy, its all good.

saving grace

Karen Merry Christmas to you too my friend. I like to think that on this day this one day that all is well with the world. I truly try to believe in the magic of Christmas.
I think its lovely that you will be with your father for Christmas, you both are having a first this Christmas and what better way to spend it than with each other.

Please enjoy your day, count your blessings and have a peaceful holiday

Loves
Grace

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Karen}}} Enjoy this Christmas with much celebrations!

This time of year is a time of change and new growth, the Winter Solstice marks the start of longer days, all the roots under the Earth are beginning to come out of dormancy and get ready for Spring. And so it is with our lives as well, especially yours.

Enjoy the day with your family and make a mental note of how far you've come and all the goodness that lies ahead.

Merry, merry!

Sue C

Merry Christmas to you, Karen! It sounds like it's already "merry" to you, and I am happy for you.

Sue

DammitJanet

Merry Christmas Karen.

May this holiday season be the first of many wonderful years for you and your family. It has been a real pleasure to get to know you through this board and see what a strong, compassionate woman you are. I just know you will have a great holiday...classy trash can and all.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Wait til he see's my classy trash can!!!! Won't he be jealous. He may have a new girlfriend, but he doesn't have a classy trash can

I would bet that your trash can is classier than his girlfriend! LOL (Baaad mstang, I know......couldn't resist though)

Merry Christmas to you too! Sending you wishes of warm memories new and old and a wonderful time in your new HOME! Hope your dad has a good trip and you all enjoy your time together.

svengandhi

Good luck on your future. I am jealous that you are able to start over. Enjoy your visit with your dad and remember that you have a classy new garbage can while your STBX has only a very unclassy piece of trash.

And even more importantly, your stbx will see and understand that far from messing with him and his problems and his shame, you are happy and strong and moving on.

I love it that your father is coming to spend this holiday with you, Karen.

Merry, merry Christmas!

Barbara

Ephchap

Karen,

What a wonderful post. It's great to hear how well you're doing, and I'm glad you and dad will get to spend Christmas together.

As for s2bx, I hope his head spins around when he sees how happy and well you're doing. You go, girl!

Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Deb

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Karen, I thought of you today and how different today had to have been compared to previous years. I hope it went well.

Suz