Don't know what to do

Elisa gonzalez

I am new to this page I am here because I have a 20 year old son who has started stealing from me I am assunong for his habit he is so angry all the time can't keep a job I don't know what to do anymore I recently bad to kick him out I asked him to help his father cut the grass and he blew up that he wasn't gonna help anyone I am so lost he is not the child I raised

Mamacat

Elisa, so sorry that you had to find us, but please know that you are not alone. There is a it of strength,experience and wisdom among the folks here. Keep posting and reading.

wisernow

wisernow
Oh my dear! How painful this is must be for you! Have you had him tested? For drugs? How long has this been going on? when did it start? Pls provide us with more info and hugs for your hurting heart!

pigless in VA

Welcome, Elisa. I encourage you to change your screenname to something more private. This is a place where you can talk to other parents who understand. I'm sure your son was angry because you asked him to do work. If he's using drugs, you can expect more anger from him. None of this is your fault. He is making bad choices for his life. As much as we would like to for our children to always make good choices, sometimes they have to experience life on their own terms. That might mean that they do some incredibly stupid things.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Sorry you are here Elisa

There is a wealth of knowledge here from parents who have been through it. Please give us more details about your son and his history and who else lives in your home.

Hang in there.

Nancy

Welcome Elisa, I agree that you should change your name to something that does not identify you. I am sorry that you are finding your son difficult. What habit is your son supporting? You were right to kick him out, he can't keep stealing form you and mistreating you. Has he been in any legal trouble? Is he working?

Teriobe

I believe he has to go to rehab or leave your house. If he stays he will keep stealing. Things will go missing, cause he will pawn them. You work to hard for your things, your money, to be taken from you. Our son did this to us soo many times. I am sorry you have to deal with this.