dont know whether to hug him or hit him PHOTOS!!

Kathy813

Staff member
How cute! I had an all black cat that I got from the pound. I named him Lucky since he was "lucky" to leave the pound. I also thought it was funny since black cats are supposedly unlucky.

Enjoy your new family member!

~Kathy

mattsmom27

Oh my word! How you could have tricked your own mind into not making that adorable fuzzbutt your own instantly is a true testament to your strength :wink: ... I wanna scoop him/her right up!

Gosh I'm a sucker too. My kitties (2 girls, sisters) were NOT supposed to be 2! I wanted one, singlular, non-plural, yes ONE, kitten. A woman from a newspaper ad brought over the litter to my house to choose one. There were 3 kittens, 2 girls, one boy. The male had some sort of delay and his back legs didn't work right. I fell hard but knew I wanted a girl. Back then I was still speaking with my mother, who called while the kittens were all here. She fell in love over the phone with the idea of nursing the male and helping him navigate with his leg issues. That left the 2 girls for me to choose from. Well once I picked them up each in turn to cuddle them and try to decide, I realized they were flea INFESTED, no minor flea problem, these kittens had to be in pain from the bites, scabs etc. In an instant I told the woman she could leave all 3 with me. My mother had not yet committed fully to the male, but I decided I'd keep all 3 if it meant that they wouldn't go back to a home where they were allowed to be tormented with such a flea infestation. I spent over 5 hours doing triple flea baths on the 3 poor babies, who by then were not charming but scrappy hissing scratching biting monsters (can ya blame them?). Those fleas kept surviving the dousing. By the middle of the night they were all dried and flea free, well fed, cuddled and slept all night with me. My mother did indeed take the male, and I now have "the girls". I'm a SUCKER!!!!!

Enjoy your new furbaby! Please fill us in when you choose a name!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Yep, she's cute! I love the name Beast, she sorta looks it, with the puffy hairdo!

by the way Grace, your wall-paint color is the same as mine!! :smile:

Peace

saving grace

She does remind us of our past kitty who died last year except she was gray. She is so darn cute. I think I have pretty much resigned to the fact that she is a keeper but husband is not on board yet, we are working on him. D has not come up with a permenent name yet.

I love the responsibility that D has taken with her, he is so so good with her, he feeds her, he is talking about getting her shots and not asking me to pay for them. She doesnt leave his side when he is home and doesnt leave his bed when he is not. I cant take her away from him. I think she is good for him.

Thanks everyone for making the decision easier!

Grace

susiequte

What a cutie!!! Kitties are soooooo sweet!! I've seen that hairdo before somewhere.......oh yeah.....when I looked in the mirror this morning!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Our black cat is named Shadow. 1 cuz she's completely black, 2 cuz she followed N around like a shadow when we first got her. lmao

Cute baby. :smile:

Now that warm weather is here mine are outside and I rarely see them except for feeding time or if it storms.