Doomsday Chuckle

Star*

call 911........call 911
Any of you that know Dude and our 'relationship' of years may get a chuckle out of this cell phone conversation from yesterday. Goodness knows I did, and I wanted to share. I was just walking into WalMart to return an item, was stopped at the front door by a very nice elderly greeter we see all the time, and my phone rang. The rest went something like this.

Hello?
Hello Mom? Do you know anything about the world supposedly ending today? Something about a doomsday prophecy?
Oh well, yeah. But that's only if you believe in some idiot and his moronic prophecy that the world is going to end today. Besides, you're saved, I'm saved, everyone else you love is saved and if the world ended today we wouldn't really have to worry right?
Right!....So, it's not true!? (talking to friends in background) See?! I told you it was a hoax. (talking back to me) I told my friends "I'm going to call my Mom - she's smart and she knows everything."
OH MY GOSH....Maybe it IS DOOMSDAY!
What? Why do you say that?
Because you are almost 21 years old and you finally admitted I'm smart, and I know everything.
(Lady Walmart Greeter nearly spit out her bottled water)
Dude said "Well okay Mom I gotta go - Love you."

So I go about my business - and get my box of Cheerios and the greeter lady stops me on the way out. She says "I liked your answer to your son. I'm a minister at a little church down yonder." I said "Oh yeah - well thanks, but you know what pastor? It may just BE doomsday." She says "Why do you say that?" I said "Have you seen the price of a box of CHEERIOS? $3.50!!!" I just chuckled and walked out.

donna723

It would have been wickedly evil but you should have maybe stopped mid-sentence like, "Oh well, yeah. But that's only if you believe in some idiot and his moronic prophecy ..." and then COMPLETE DEAD SILENCE!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

Gotta love that nephew!

My Mom called me at 7:10pm yesterday. (she's on midwest time) You know, the paranoid schizophrenic religious fanatic (I don't say that lightly).

I couldn't help myself, when I picked up the phone I said, "HEY! I see You got left behind too!" :devil:

She surprised me. She cracked up laughing.

donna723

I was a little surprised to see that all the members of the church across the street from me seemed to have made it in for services today. Didn't get them either! Ha! And these folks are the ones who think that nobody else will be going, just them!

DammitJanet

I saw all that stuff on the news the other day and threatened to go get all my money out of the bank, buy tickets to wonderful places, start drinking, having wild sex affairs...do everything I ever wanted in 2.2 days...lmao.

P

PatriotsGirl

Isn't Obama supposed to be the one to end it all? LMAO.....some people will believe anything.....

Hilarious response to Dude!!!! LMAO

donna723

"I saw all that stuff on the news the other day and threatened to go get all my money out of the bank, buy tickets to wonderful places, start drinking, having wild sex affairs...do everything I ever wanted in 2.2 days"

Janet, apparently there are some people who really did that! I've tried very hard to feel sorry for them but I just can't. Anyone that dumb almost deserves it! I mean, an 89 year old (probably senile) radio evangelist (who made this same prediction before!) says the world is coming to an end and people quit their jobs, pack their bags and get ready to be beamed up - just like on Star Trek!!

:future:

Last edited:

DammitJanet

I saw this girl..I tried hard to feel sorry for her myself too...who had it all plastered over her car, driving through my state capitol on the evening news and I just laughed. I called Tony in and said to him that I sure hoped I hadnt wasted all my money on those dance lessons and recital tickets...lol.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
That's funny!

We spent Saturday taking photo evidence of the "Rapture" and posting them on FB. Didn't get too many responses, though.

O well, I thought it was funny...

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLMAO - Oh i see you got left behind too-----------BRILLIANT!

and donna? If I had gotten beamed up? I'd have asked to be beamed back down. lol

Janet - that thought of wild um....yeah----------the dance recital....very worth while. lol

keista

"I saw all that stuff on the news the other day and threatened to go get all my money out of the bank, buy tickets to wonderful places, start drinking, having wild sex affairs...do everything I ever wanted in 2.2 days"

Janet, apparently there are some people who really did that!

LOL I was trying to find someone who REALLY believed it. I would have gladly helped them shed their earthly belongings.

donna723

Well, I thought it was hysterical! There was a Facebook group that formed to organize groups of post-Rapture looters who would go to the houses of the "chosen ones" and take all their stuff since they wouldn't be needing it anymore. And there were a lot of people who posted pictures of clothing arranged to look like the person who had been wearing them just evaporated.

But apparently there were some people who really bought in to all this and spent an awful lot of money - somebody paid for all those billboards warning people to shape up because the world was ending! They said on the news that there were over 40 big billboards like that just in Nashville alone!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nearly as ridiculous as the "Sawing of Manhattan" ......kiesta! really! shame shame shame shame----

Donna....it IS hysterical!

H

HaoZi

I've been running around saying "Beam up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here" for years. I'm still waiting. Be nice if they'd at least beam down a Tribble.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Donna- THERE WAS EVIDENCE????????? But of course - we were Left Behind like Hound said.

HaoZi- no, no, no -----ya got it bakerds......it's Beam be BACK down Scotti - all the mo-----rons are up here in the ship.

That's the Trouble with Tribbles........They live long and prosper!

Steely

And let's not forget the man who was a self proclaimed atheist who posted all over the US that for 500.00 he would take care of all the "dogs that were left behind"! OMG. LMAO