Down to the Wire

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's final's week again.:faint:

Monday morning I have the fundamentals final. That one I'm not sweating as I have a strong A in the class and there is no possible way I could fail bad enough on the final to actually flunk.

Heck of a way to look at things, huh? LOL

Tuesday afternoon is the MUCH dreaded pharm final. I've studied my fanny off......not kidding, we're talking 13-15 hrs a day since thursday night. Some of that was typing up the study guides and also doing fundamentals......but the majority was pharm.

Thursday is medication Surg. This darn class had me sweating thanks to a revenge exam tossed at us by the comedian instructor (the one who used to joke all class and has had us so darn far behind). I was actually failing her class thanks to that test. It was unGodly hard (truly outragious) the average grade for it was a 56! She gave it to us because a group got together and complained to the director and she got bawled out. (nothing else they can do because she's retiring) But glory be, my next 2 exams were A's and I pulled that grade up to a middle B. And she gave those of us that were smart enough to stay after the last class......all the info on the exam. So I know I'll be ok for her final.

But of course the dreaded pharm is another matter...........

I have to say this pharm exam has been a collaborated effort among a large portion of the class. On Thursday evening and friday morning I had BFF's funeral to attend. It put me way behind. Just doing the study guides can take hours upon hours. But a friend emailed me her guide once it was finished as a surprise. And she's doing probably the best of all of us in pharm, so I know it's dependable. And all weekend we've been facebooking each other, calling each other, emailing each other passing back and forth information and helping with classmates questions. And I dunno about the others but I've been badgering the instructor with questions. lol

We have 4 students that unless she just basically hands them the passing grade (or they miraculously pull an A out of their fanny) who are going to fail. We have about 7-8 more who are riding the line with little elbow room. And the rest if they'd fail it bad enough, would also fail.:ashamed:

Instructor, I have to give her credit, has bent over backward. True, she still is a really bad teacher......but she really has been trying everything to help. Let's just say we're the first pharm class to ever get a study guide for the final.

Believe it or not, I'm not overly stressed. I'm not panicky. I'm doing my best. And the insulins that were giving me so much trouble are now making sense and I'm remembering them much better. Same with the other medications.

Still, it all depends on how she asks the questions.

So, good thoughts, crossed body parts, maybe even a little prayer would be very very much appreciated, not just for me but for the whole class. We've got an awesome group of people who I feel would make outstanding nurses.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
First final is over......and I think I did ok. Maybe not brilliant.......my focus up to this point has been in my weakest area which is pharm......but I'm pretty darn sure I passed it ok. We don't get any of the results until the official end of quarter on thursday.

Pharm is today at 2pm.

I've spent a great deal of time last night talking classmates down from major panic attacks. :(

As for me, I figure that as horrid as this class is the woman manages to pass a large portion of her students each quarter, despite the failing rate up until finals. I'm hoping that means the final is not too unGodly horrid. Because either she handed the students the passing grades, or the final is done in such a way as you are able to pass with a decent grade. And I've made my plan of action if I do happen to fail. I'll enjoy my 6 months off and go back in the fall.....which wouldn't be so horrible as then I'll be able to slide right into the RN program after the LPN.

So I've made my peace with this class. I'm not even nervous this morning. I want to pass, period. If by some miracle I happen to get a good grade while I'm at it, I'll be very pleased. But passing is the goal. I've been studying pharm nearly non-stop since thursday night. I had those chapters I didn't do well in to re-learn, plus memorize all of the insulins, and the immunizations she added at the last minute....then I had to go back and review/refresh my memory on stuff I did ok with. Vast amounts of material to cover.

As a result.......I've had pharm facts floating around in my brain 24/7, even when I'm attempting to do something else.....like type this post or have a conversation with someone. lol It's really weird. I took easy child out to lunch yesterday. And the insulin Lantus started floating around in my head. I knew it had something really important about it that set it apart from the others and it was on the tip of my tongue.......So I asked her. (you should have seen the look I got lol ) But she didn't know. So I came home and looked it up. And now the fact that you take Lantus in the evenings and it can't be mixed with anything is stuck firmly into my head.

I've been rattling off pharm facts to my dogs as if I'm discussing them with another person........(sometimes helps me remember things, I discovered this when Aubrey was living here and wanted to do homeworks with Nana) Now they most likely know more about pharm than I do. lol

But the heavy duty prayers, body crossing, good thoughts and vibes, and maybe some chicken dancing should anyone be up for it, are needed for the whole class today. We have a fellow student who is a pastor. You can bet you're bottom dollar we'll be saying a heavy duty group prayer right before the exam.

Now I'm off to stick my nose in the books again.

Lisa,

I've got all body parts crossed, will do some chicken dancing, sending lots of good thoughts and vibes for you, for your entire class!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I love your attitude!!! by the way, I ALWAYS talk to my dog. BEST OF LUCK!!! SFR

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm no frilly genius, but I think reducing sugar and exercise would help with loosing the fanny and sweat equity. :tongue: - When you get done with this class you are going to be one hot nurse.:winks: lol. All this fanny loosing and sweating your self thin......WOW.

GOOD LUCK LISA.....I'm counting on you for free medical advice in the future you know.....lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, for what it's worth.............

I'm pretty sure I passed. So what do I get as a reward for all my hard work..........................

Nichole in crises and my whole freaking world turned upside down. For more infor check PE.:mad::whiteflag:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry about Nichole but i know you WILL be a great Nurse!
Breathe and this will be over soon...