Dr. Kimball - the FUGITIVE - surrendered.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure you know, but maybe some rice to that can of food will help slow things down a bit?

Thanks for sharing. I love happy ending stories.

Pootie sounds like a real charmer in this one, too. Working it for her new best buddy best pal doctor.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mr. Kimball is a very forunate fella.

Pootie will most likely be able to coax him to play once he begins to feel better. And it's so nice the resident dogs have accepted him into the family. Poor guy. He's been thru so much.

Maybe mix some dry kibble with the canned?? Betsy can't eat straight from the can. She loses it everytime. (I learned the hard way) Even when I give her canned as a treat, she has to have it mixed with kibble. And Molly.....phew! Gives her horrendous gas.:faint: But at least she can keep it down.

Star*

call 911........call 911
We mixed his kibble with the 1/2 can and he got some rice too - I think he's probably wormy. Our vet has been in surgery most of the day and the girls think they can get him in next week. - Our vet is VERY reasonable and affordable - and wouldn't you know it - the door on my car nearly fell off.....NOW another bill....grrrrrr.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh Star....I'm glad to hear he's already starting to settle in a bit. The sleeping? That one's easy. He has good food in his tummy, he's warm and while he may not completely trust you...he's figured out that for now, he's safe. So yeah, he's catching up on some much needed healing sleep.

And I LOVE that Pootie is being semi-calm with him and trying to get him to play. I would pay money to see that sweet girl do that!!! Give her kisses from her Auntie Stang!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Star, I gave husband an update on doctor. (Had told him all about him last night) He said to tell you the following (and yes, he's standing beside me dictating as I type):

I wanted to praise you for taking this dog into your home. Thank you for having such a wonderful heart. People like you are few and far between in this day and age.

Don't know if you can tell or not but we're dog people around here! I tell you....if it wasn't so far away, I would submit our adoption application for doctor! I even said something about that last night to husband thinking I'd get a rise out of him. LOL He didn't say yes but he didn't say no either!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tennessee is 1/2 way?? Stang! lol.....woof.

Go check out Daisy's post - she has taken in a lovely little girl too!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks Star. :) She's a Rot mix......I think maybe with terrior as her fur is wirey. She's adorable. And if we don't find her people.......or if her people turned her out.......Well.....I may be playing adoption agency again. All our shelters are over full and pound will put her down upon arrival because they are also over full.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Our pound? I called them yesterday to see about getting doctor neutered. The pound and the ASPCA are close together and I walk through on lunch to give "love" or a scratch to those abandoned. DF said he can't do that.

Dummy ME thought that the dogs who were there on Tuesday and gone on Thursday were adopted. They usually get a week or 2. Nope. The woman told me off to the side that they have been putting record numbers of animals to sleep. What they used to do in a week? They do in a day because people are DUMPING their pets in record numbers & their freezer gets too full of dead animals. So they've had to be very picky about who stays for a week and who goes in 3 days.

She said if there is ANY sign of sickenss, timidness, old age - they are taken in and led right back to the euthenasia room, scan them. If they have microchip? They get a reprieve while someone attempts to call the number, but if it's not updated? Too bad. They have lost their vet services and now the kennel tech mgrs. have been trained to put them down. You have to have a certificate but I thought only a vet could do that. How very sad.

She said what gets her? When you go to get one that hasn't had any real human contact, gets a collar or a leash on his neck and thinks hes' outta there - and they take him back to the euthenasia room and they splay their legs out and hunker down- they know.

I had to leave. I was just trying to get assistance with a neuter coupon. But she listened to our plight about doctor and said a dog that even LOOKS like a pit goes RIGHT to sleep, and in his case with all the wounds? He'd be a gonner.

So for now little doctor is recouperating and then we're shipping him to Mstang! (Of COURSE I'll provide Dramamine) .:tongue:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Uhhhhh....don't you remember? YOU'RE the one with the big heart. husband said so himself! LOL

I don't know how little Miss Cloe would react to another dog honestly. Taz was here before her so she came into his territory. Hmmmm....must think on that.

How is doctor doing tonight? A picture or two would really be nice!!! *hinthint**

mstang67chic

Going Green
I just got off the phone with my mom. I told her all about you and doctor but when I got to the part about you getting him healthy and finding him a home? She laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. And I agreed. Honestly, I wasn't going to tell you this....I wanted to wait and see how long it took for you to figure it out but Mom is making me tell you.

Star....you rescued this dog...saved his LIFE.....and will be giving him a life he's never known. Good food, warmth, shelter, LOVE and companionship. Assuming YOU can part with doctor after all the time and love you have invested in him, do you seriously think HE is going to want to leave you??? You'll break his heart. Face it Star....you've got yourself another fur kid.

:rofl:

**Want I should send donations now and then to help with the food bill???**