Dr. Phil Thursday May 8

Nancy

Did anyone watch Dr. Phil today? This was my difficult child, minus the beauty queen stuff. But this is exaclty how my difficult child acted. And people think pot is ok and has no negative effects?

Calamity Jane

Nancy,
I missed the show this afternoon, but caught the rebroadcast at 7PM. Wow, she's some piece of work, quite the manipulator, what a mouth on her in those texts to her mother! Face of an angel, though.

I hope she and her mother use the opportunity Dr. Phil offered and make some real progress.

It's such a jolting flashback to watch that behavior and remember what we went through in our own homes. Never again, I swear to all that is holy!

Nancy

It was scary, my difficult child talked the same way. I saved many of her texts until I got a new phone and lost them. When she was using pot and alcohol she was nasty, called me horrible names. I had a fight with her because I would give her the car keys and she broke my finger trying to get them and I was laying on the garage floor and she just kicked me over and over. I taped the show and want her to watch it to see if she remembers how awful she was then. I told her at the time that she was abusing me.

DammitJanet

I watched it too and it scared me. I pray that doesnt happen with Monkey. It worries me though with our genes. Im afraid I would beat her senseless. Hopefully her desire to please everyone overrides any of that.

Nancy

Janet it was so real, it's hard to believe we came through that as well as we did. I wish no one had to go through that.

Dancerat

Well, I have to say, some people can use marijuana and it has the same effects as a glass of wine or two, and there are no issues. I point to my two daughters, who smoked through college and occasionally today, and they are amazing young ladies who are doing exceptionally well in their chosen careers. However, my son smoked to excess and I think it exacerbated his issues. But, not, I don't believe mj is, and of itself is bad. It's better than alcohol, and nothing like hard drugs. It is how it used and for what that can be a downward slope.

Nancy

Dancerat I think it is not so much for the purpose it is used but rather the biological makeup and whether they have the addictive material or genes in them. And I too know people who can use it with no problem, but my difficult child is not one of them.