Dr. Phil today

Nancy

Have only watched the first five minutes and so far it's the story of my life with my difficult child when she was that age.

Nancy

He had none, except he does send a lot of them to rehab so that's good. I am just so amazed at how our difficult child's are the same, they say and do the same things it's like they have a script they all follow. If I closed my eyes and just listened I would think it was my difficult child talking.

Lucedaleblessed

I saw it too. I wonder if his solutions are good. Now they use a certain treatment center because his old sponsor has sold almost all of their treatment programs, so they are no longer sponsoring him. So he would no longer recommend ranch or wilderness programs. He would recommend this specific treatment center for all his teenage guests in need of treatment.

But not every teenager is suited for this treatment center. I know it went wrong because one of the girls on his show back in December ran from the treatment center and was molested after she escaped.

I know about this old sponsor because my brother works part-time in a youth transport firm. My brother wakes up children of rich parents mostly in expensive neighborhoods and drives them to various treatment programs. He also got news about the Dr. Phil guest who ran away because she was rumored to have been sighted close to his town. There was money involved so he was driving around looking for her. It was false information because she never left the town with the treatment center.

DoneDad

He's had some good shows, but recently he seems to be blaming the parents a lot. A recent show was a 20-something difficult child - Dr. Phil told the mother that difficult child was that way because that's how she was raised. "You write on the slate of who they are." As if parents are the only influence on our kids. Then Dr. Phil smugly sits back and talks about his own kids and how great they are. And most people can't afford 50-100K for a treatment center, so what are we supposed to do? (To be fair, a lot of the parents he has on are pretty outrageous enablers.)

BusynMember

I am not a Dr. Phil fan. He is primarily an entertainer and, yes, I have heard him blame parents, which is very old school and turns me off. I'd like to hear updates on the people he helps in three years after his solutions. Bet they aren't any better than ours. Most people are better for a bit after treatment, but not over the long haul. I don't watch entertainment shows that are supposed to be therapeutic on a regular basis. Time to time, Dr. P. is just on TV and I catch it, but am not impressed. I've had many psychologists with more insight than him, in my opinion.