Dresses for a wedding? And more...

Lil

I went to a wedding where all e bridesmaids wore different little black dresses

I remember seeing a photo of my cousin who was in a wedding like that - or it was her wedding, I don't recall...had something to do with a cousin. lol But the rule was the bridesmaid dresses could be any style, so long as they weren't too frilly, were floor-length, and they were black. They could have white trim if they liked.

I've been to other's a bit like that, the dresses were from the same shop/maker, so the color was the same, but the style was whatever the girl liked. That way they could have a flattering dress, regardless of the differences in size and build of the bridesmaids. Let's face it, what looks good on a tiny little woman won't necessarily be flattering on a gal with a plus-sized figure.

I also have seen them where only the maid/matron of honor was different, like she wore deep purple and the others were in lilac.

AppleCori

My 2 cents... When I married XH, I wore my mother's wedding dress, handmade by my great-grandmother. XH was in a black tux. Colors were teal and purple (my fav color and his). So his vest was purple, as was his best man (who was a flake and a half, didn't even show up at the reception).

My maid of honor - my ONLY attendant, as I did not want a big wedding - went shopping. We found lots of teal dresses but nothing looked good on her. So HER mother made the dress. I will be forever impressed! (When her sister got married, she had to wear a poufy peach colored dress that totally clashed with her skin tone. It was awful.)

My mother found an appropriate teal dress as well.

XMIL wore black and white as did XSIL. My Dad wore a tux with a teal vest.

My opinion is this... Whatever the wedding colors are, have the bridesmaids find a cocktail dress in a similar shade, that flatters her. Forget all being the same!

Great choices.

Teal and purple look great on just about everyone. Peach, on the other hand, only looks good on certain people.