Andy

easy child just called me (she is downstairs, I am in the living room):

"Isn't anyone in the living room?"

"Yes, why?"

"Then why didn't anyone tell me N was sitting in the driveway?"

"Didn't see him."

"Well, he is coming back to pick me up."

"O.K."

Again, if he wants something, why doesn't he come to the door? This was the dude I was suppose to watch for after midnight on Christmas Eve and run out to let him know where easy child was. Sometimes (at respectable day time hours) I go out to talk to him just to irk easy child - she so hates it when I have conversations with her friends. She doesn't trust what I say to them or ask them or what they tell me.

Wonder how N broke away from his overcontrolling girlfriend? easy child and N are good friends and I am very sure his girlfriend is the jealous type.

donna723

Don't you just wonder ... if nobody ever noticed him sitting there, if nobody responded at all, how long would he just sit there before he gave up and drove off or, Heaven forbid, actually got out of the car and knocked on the door like a normal person?

I think I would be tempted to ignore him just to see what he'd do!

meowbunny

He'd have a very long wait here. As I tell my daughter and her friends, you want to see her, you come to the door and knock. You do not sit in the driveway and expect her to come out because she won't be coming or, if she does, she's living with you henceforth. You honk and I'd sincerely suggest you not come back to my home again because I promise you and your car will regret it. One guy didn't believe, he honked. The next time he came, I tossed eggs at his car and the eggs had been sitting out lying in wait just for him. It got the message across to both he and my child that I was dead serious on this one.

I know it should be a Basket C type thing but I find that type of arrogance and rudeness completely unacceptable.

Andy

We did not notice him. It may have been while I was in the kitchen and the boys were still in the game room. I have no idea how long he waited before driving somewhere to find a phone to call easy child.

And I wonder if easy child knew he was coming? Funny she didn't ask me to watch for him and let me know he was there. She may have just assumed I would be in the living room or he may not have called her ahead of time.

If he was more work oriented, I wouldn't mind the two of them being a couple but since he will always look for the easy way out (living off girlfriend's income) they can just stay friends.

donna723

What's his big problem with getting his royal hiney out of the car and coming to the door? MB is right - it's arrogant and it's rude!

(The boy does wear pants, doesn't he?) ;)

Andy

easy child says she did not know N was coming the first time. About an hour ago when he called, she got ready and came upstairs to wait for him. She has been waiting for a long time to see him (he moved to Florida and is back for Christmas to visit his parents and his girlfriend's dad).

He never showed up. She has to work at 3:30. I told her to tell him that he needs to come to the door and ask for her.

easy child was getting angrier by the moment. He knows she has to work at 3:30. difficult child and friend H were getting ready to go outside. I told difficult child that if N does show up to please yell at him. Tell him that when he tells our easy child that he is coming to see her, he better get his butt in the car and get over here like NOW! He can not keep our easy child waiting.

About 10 minutes ago, he finally shows up. I called easy child and asked what they could do in 1/2 hour. He backed into the driveway and came to the door.

I told him, "You should have come to the door last time. You are in big trouble! Come on in!" By then easy child was up and trying to get him out the door as soon as possible. I reminded her that she only had 1/2 hour! The person she is babysitting for may let him stay to visit with easy child?

Andy

The person she is babysitting for gave her until 5:00 to start watching the kids. She knows how much easy child has been looking forward to seeing N again.

Lothlorien

This may be offensive, but I'd quite frankly tell her to have some self respect and have the dude come to the door and ring the bell. I think it's rude of him and I think it's completely unreasonable for her to expect you all to "notice that he's in the driveway." Like you all have nothing else better to do.