Driving again...a lot

BusynMember

Just a trite message for all the people who remembered I stopped driving after bad car accident.

I have been driving around town for abput three months now.i decided i had to do it, especially for work.

I still wont drive outside of the area, but...who knows?

I am sure I will never, say, drive 4 1/2 hours to Chicago again, but around town feels great :)

BusynMember

Thank you. In a silly way, I am. It started because I wanted to work 5pm work shifts and couldnt expect husband to stay up until 12 when he has to work the next morning.

I still have no memory of what caused me to drive off the road, but I could not have been conscious. Thank God nobody else was involved or I would have never gotten over it.

Last edited:

Heavyhearted

Well be safe and enjoy the freedom driving affords. It is unfortunate you don't actually know what happened that caused you to lose consciousness. Hang tight and lots of love and prayers for peace, health and ❤️

february

That,s good SWOT, it took me a long time to drive on the freeway after a car accident.

Now I do drive but very cautious not far distances.

Time heals some fears!

BusynMember

Thanks, february. Good for you for getting back on the freeway!!!

It just got old taking cabs for me and, living in fear isnt good either!

Last edited:

Copabanana

it took me a long time to drive on the freeway after a car accident.
These kinds of victories are really important.

How did you do it? I have not driven the freeway comfortably for more than 10 years and for 8 years not at all. I despair that I will ever do so again but want to very much. I live in a semi-rural area and to get to anything I need to drive 2 and a half hours by freeway to an area where I lived and drove with confidence and freedom for more than 50 years. I could manage that, still, but not the freeways to get there.

How were you able to get over your fear and do it? Where I live there are lots of big trucks which also scare me. I am supremely confident on surface streets.

Congratulations.

Last edited:

Lil

:bravo:Good for you. It is hard to overcome the fear after a close call like that. You deserve to be proud of yourself.

february

These kinds of victories are really important.

How did you do it? I have not driven the freeway comfortably for more than 10 years and for 8 years not at all. I despair that I will ever do so again but want to very much. I live in a semi-rural area and to get to anything I need to drive 2 and a half hours by freeway to an area where I lived and drove with confidence and freedom for more than 50 years. I could manage that, still, but not the freeways to get there.

How were you able to get over your fear and do it? Where I live there are lots of big trucks which also scare me. I am supremely confident on surface streets.

Congratulations.