Drove difficult child straight to the residential treatment facility today

in a daze

Dual diagnosis facility. He went straight from the hospital...has been in the hospital for 9 days, actually 3 admissions in a 3 week period. He wanted to stop at home to reformat his ipod, I said no.

He continues to be in deep denial about his drug abuse and continues to angle to come home after this is over. We must be strong and not allow this. Husband is stronger than I am. Husband hasn't even been visiting him in the hospital because he doesn't like the way difficult child treats him.

DDD

All I can do is sending you supportive hugs. I have not been there done that but I've been in the SA arena for too many years and I do hope that he can turn the corner into healthful living...and that you and your husband find a comfortable meeting ground. Hugs DDD

Calamity Jane

Even though he doesn't want to be there now, perhaps he will recognize that he needs to be there. I hope it works out for him. This is a tough road for parents to travel down. Sigh.

in a daze

Thanks, DDD and CJ. Wait till we break the news to him that he is going to aftercare/sober living post Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Dreading it.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thinking of you IAD, it's a tough road, but you have the resolve and the commitment............sending warm wishes for a smooth path and many hugs for comfort for you..........

in a daze

He's been there a week. Saw him last night at family meeting. He looked and sounded pretty good. Says he feels good in one way but depressed in another way as he just wants to resume his life. He was smiling and joking around with the counseler, who seems to have made a connection with him. Counselor gently trying to persuade him that aftercare is best. We reiterated that he was not coming back home or to the condo. I think he will cave in the end. Counsler brought up that our desired aftercare may have a waiting list, and what would we do then. We told him to get him on waiting lists and look out of state if necessary.

Oh my God, we do not want him back home! Not for a long time, and just temporarily...