Transition from the water park did not go well and Q just came at me kicking and punching and screaming right there in front of a huge motel full of people. I got him in the car (this after about a hour of my sister working and successfully getting him to take prn medications) and he started screaming and saying he was going to hit me more when we got home so I drove to the psychiatric hospital near us that would be choice two for us. They have a new building and children's hospital and they were really nice. I basically could have left him there. But I think I needed to process things more than to get him to calm down. The doctor said yeah, Q being Q no hospital is going to be of therapeutic benefit in terms of groups etc. but they certainly could keep him and work on medications with his doctor. He said he understood about the cyp enzyme issues so would not do anything without talking to his doctor (who he clearly knew since he mentioned her clinic etc.). I get the feeling people dont do much without her input since she just undoes what they do if she does not agree and makes it clear. We went to talk to Q and he was still talking inappropriately but not aggressive. I made it clear he would be in the house except for planned activities (which we have every day but they are his routine things) because we have to get this under control and it is just not safe right now to go outside. He got angry but held it together. SO, I decided to take him home, told the doctor. that I fully realized I might be back in an hour and he said he was going to hold a bed for him for the evening and not to worry if I needed him to come in. He also listed a few other options which were already in the works. I know in my heart if we can get back to a normal routine we will be ok but he is just over the top anxious. It has gone on too long and each week he gets more upset. If we go the hospital route he said he can't see Q getting out very quickly. That ends up hurting all plans--new therapies, new school, not to mention the whole housing issue we have since my salary stops and we would end up losing our home and he would have no where to come home to me. I pray I can maintain and just get him into his new school to at least give it a try. I had called the doctor and she is actually at another site today. she will call me tomorrow she said. She seems great in many ways but not at all like our long time docs....if they say to call I call and they talk, this place I have been pushed off like this a few times. I hope they at least got our medications done. For some reason they denied them and it is nothing to do with insurance this time. ugg.