Duct Tape Heaven

susiestar

Roll With It
Did you know that you can get PLAID duct tape?? I absolutely LOVE duct tape in all colors and patterns. Esp in patterns.

Someone was joking with me about wanting plaid duct tape to finish a project with style. I searched bing for it and WOW!!

First, LL Bean sells a set of 2 rolls of plaid duct tape - one red/black and one green/black.

Then I found Tape Heaven. The company is called Tape Brothers and they have SOOO many cool tapes!!! Glow in the dark, flourescent, wild colors, pink polka dots, and PLAID!!

http://www.tapebrothers.com/Special-Duct-Tapes-s/19.htm

In their camo/outdoorsman section they have all kinds of camo tapes too!

Duct Tape Rules!!!

ps. They even have BLUE PAISLEY duct tape!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
difficult child 1 used to make duct tape wallets and use them.

I love duct tape, too. I also have a new affinity for gorilla tape. OMg. Its amazing stuff.

Mattsmom277

I didn't know you could get anything other than black duct tape! Totally neat, I will have to order some nifty stocking stuffers for my S/O.

But ... did someone just get a curse past the board censor? I swear someone said (Shh - Gorilla tape). It is a four letter word for me ever since last night! My S/O is terrific and handy and loves taking care of the house and yard etc, doesn't procrastinate etc. Yet this past couple of weeks his avionics course has taken a turn in the direction of INSANE course load. So at night he's been bringing home all manner of things to build a entire cockpit comm system from scratch. I've bugged him for a while now to please take the time to remove the a/c window units since we are getting day around 8 degrees celcius and evenings/overnight very cool. I'm missing out on opening the windows for fresh air etc. Anyhow, I couldn't cope last night, needed to air out the living room. So I decide to remove the living rooms a/c unit myself. Imagine my surprise to discover the blasted thing was completely ringing with gorilla tape? After months being able to cure and seal into place, one would need the strength of 10 men to pry this stuff off and that a/c was NOT moving until all trace of that tape was gone! ARGH! Of course it was during the big brother finale on t.v. so I was more annoyed.

The upside was that after my grunting, groaning and heaving and pulling and a few curses tossed in (for guilt purposes), S/O looked up for soldering some wire contraption and gasped out a : Hey!! I just had to A535 your entire back and shoulders and you look like you'll pass out from pain. What the heck are you doing????". Umm .... this a/c has GOT to go so I'm doing it but hadn't factored for crazy glue disguised as a innocent sounding tape. Of course he completed the removal of the a/c. Worse even was that it took him all of 2 minutes.

Soooo, I'm checking out the duct tape site because he'd love cool looking duct tape. But there will none of that "Other" tape. None I say. I cringe because he now is used to the dreaded G tape so is talking about getting that T-Rex tape!!!! *shivers*

flutterby

Fly away!
Silence is golden, but duct tape is.....plaid??? :winks:

Mattsmom - black duct tape? Must be a Canadian thing. :tongue: Ours is silver.

trinityroyal

black duct tape? Must be a Canadian thing. :tongue: Ours is silver.

Nope! Our duct tape is silver as well. Maybe it's a regional thing. Or maybe Mattsmom's supplier already knew about Tape Heaven, and stocked up on the black. Hmmm, I wonder if you could make a Little Black Dress out of duct tape? Wouldn't have to worry about spills or torn hems at any rate...

Am I the only one who's entertained by the fact that ducts are just about the only use for which duct tape is NOT recommended?

susiestar

Roll With It
Here the WalMarts have a display of different colors of duct tape, including tie dye and one with words like "rock n' roll" in different fonts all over it. But they NEVER have plaid, or glow in the dark, or many of the other designs offered by this website.

I adore duct tape, and don't mind gorilla tape. Jessie got a huge roll for her birthday a year ago and the gorilla tape is awesome!

We even have a roll of duct tape that is 11 inches wide!! YES, I typed 11 and meant eleven!!! It is wonderful stuff!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What I wanna know is does it come in flesh tones? 'Cuz that way no one will notice when I slap it over a difficult child's mouth (husband included). :devil:

Mattsmom277

LMAO I don't know why I typed black the other day, thinking of the electrical tape I'm drowning in around here since S/O is finishing up his Avionics degree perhaps ? lol I did mean silver!

I'm going to regret this but plan to place an order for some neat types for S/O's stocking at Christmas. I blame you! Especially when I end up seeing camo and rocker tape all over my house lol.