DWTS Did you guys enjoys it, too?

DDD

I didn't even nod off once. :bravo: What a great variety of dancers they had and let's hear it for the "mature" performers! I dreaded the last dance because I have such fond memories of Cheers but, by golly, I thought she did great too. I think it's going to be quite a season. DDD

witzend

There's a lot of chat online about Kirsty Ally's cha cha cha. I thought she did very well. I tend to think that most older performers had a more well rounded training that many of the "faces" that come up today, so I'm not surprised that she knows how to dance.

DDD

I agree Witz. I feared she would bomb out and be embarrassed. Instead everyone seemed to really appreciate her. I also wasn't sure if her partner would work with her well...he's not my favorite....but it did click. Hooray for overweight mature women! DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was positively thrilled for Kirstie. I was somewhat dreading her dance because I adore her and didn't want her to bomb. She is so self-effacing and funny that I was afraid it would work against her, but she was delightful and the audience loved her.

:wine:

Suz

DammitJanet

I thought it was a great night! I missed the first half hour...shame on me. I forgot the time as I was watching CNN...lol. But I suddenly saw the time and left the War on Libya in someone else's capable hands and moved over to something fun! I do think we know who is probably going to be the first to go...the poor guy who is the radio guy with Dr. Drew. He has two left feet and dances like me. Now the Karate Kid was amazing! Boy did he grow up well. I would have never believed he was 49! He didnt look a day over 30 and danced very well. Kirstie was great too.

Lothlorien

I think Kirstie did great too.

I was ear to ear smiling at Ralph Macchio. Did he got to the Dick Clark School of anti-aging? He looks the same! Cripes. I thought he was so awesome! I think I'm crushing on him again!

svengandhi

Ralph Macchio is from my neck of the woods. I was very impressed with him.

As I watched Kirstie, I was so jealous that someone as fat as me could move like that. Of course, she probably had dance classes when she was younger and Ralph must have had some training to enable him to move like he did in The Karate Kid movies.

As for the others, I thought that Hynes Ward (who I never heard of before) was quite good as well.

I, for one, will not miss the melodrama of last season's Bristol Stomp...

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Bristol? (spit, cough, puke)- I couldn't agree with you more. What a crock that was.

I also loved Ralph. He could use a little under eye concealer for the dark shadows (lol) but otherwise, he looked great and did a wonderful job. Very smooth and endearing.

Everyone around here is rooting for Hines Ward.

I guess I'm the only one who thought the goofy radio guy was adorable. He's "Everyman" and I liked his sense of humor. No way will he ever win but I'm hoping he's not the first one voted off. I'm hoping Wendy Williams is the first person.

Suz

KTMom91

I think everyone did very well for the first night, and I was surprised. The only one I wasn't thrilled with was Wendy Williams - when she came out all scared and barely moving, I thought, "Poor Tony. He's got another Kate Gosselin."

Ralph Macchio was awesome!

DammitJanet

I missed seeing Hines Ward dance and I was so sad about it. I adore the man. He is a force to be reckoned with on the Steelers. Football players tend to do well on DWTS's so he may go far. You know who I wasnt thrilled with come to actually think about it? The gal who used to be a playboy bunny but came into the rehearsals saying how she liked to shake her stuff and she used to be a stripper and all that. Personally I just found her a bit..well..trashy. God...I cant believe I am turning into an old lady! LOL.

DDD

Kendra??? Kinda Trashy??? Gee, Janet, do you think???

on the other hand, I have watched her as a guest on a few shows and there is childlike innocence behind the sexuality. And was that Hugh in the audience? I thought I saw a glimpse of him. Geez! DDD

KTMom91

Miss KT likes Kendra's reality show, so I've seen it a few times. Yes, that was Hefner himself, sitting next to Kendra's husband Hank.