DWTS...new cast?

DDD

I just saw a list of expected cast members for the next season.
There are only a couple that I recognize..lol. Tori Spelling.
Lou Ferrigno. Then there a bunch I don't know. Floyd Maywether?
Jenni Garth? Nia? Helio? Aaron someobdy?

Just thought you fanatics would like a heads up. Somehow I can't
picture the Hulk doing a waltz or a mambo. :rofl: DDD

wakeupcall

Oh good grief....I heard the same list on the radio this morning. It's Aaron Carter and he's a youngster! For the most part, if they put any given five of them, I might not watch it. Ugh!

meowbunny

The list I found had Wayne Newton (!!!), Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling from 90210, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, Lou Ferrigno (how does someone deaf manage to follow the music?), pop star Aaron Carter (cute, blond kid who dated Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan for awhile), actress Jane Seymour (never thought of her as one who needed the publicity), sports tycoon Mark Cuban (whoever he is) and boxer Floyd Mayweather Junior. Sounds like an interesting mix.

There is something odd about Wayne Newton's face to me. I can't imagine it having any real expression but he should be able to move if he doesn't get too winded. Jennie should be good. Tori has potential. Gisele is a maybe. I think Aaron is another one who should do well. Jane I just can't imagine on this show -- she's just way too talented of an actress to me. Mark is a total unknown to me. Well, Floyd's a boxer so I guess we can assume he can do some moves.

Interesting mix.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Here is the list I copied from a website......

• Sabrina Bryan (The Cheetah Girls)

• Gisele Bundchen (model, girlfriend of Tom Brady)

• Helio Castroneves (Indy Racing League driver)

• Aaron Carter (singer)

• Mark Cuban (owner Dallas Mavericks)

• Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk" actor)

• Jennie Garth ("Beverly Hills: 90210" actress)

• Floyd Mayweather Jr. (boxer)

• Wayne Newton (singer)

• Nia Peeples (R&B singer)

• Jane Seymour ("Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" actress)

• Tori Spelling ("Beverly Hills: 90210" actress)

The site also lists CNN news reporter Richard Quest as a dancer, but CNN apparently is denying the report.

The fifth season of "Dancing with the Stars" will premiere on ABC, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m.

Looking at it and just guessing I'm thinking Nia Peeples should be good. I remember her from Walker, Texas Ranger and assume she knew some martial arts from the fight scenes.... I'm thinking Jane Seymour could be good too, representing the "seasoned" group.......

Don't know the Cheetah girl, race car driver, Mavericks owner, or boxer, but the rest I have at least heard the name.... Can't imagine they couldn't get some bigger names, but it does take a big chunk of time and effort, so maybe people are losing interest...

This isn't the official list either, so maybe they are holding out on us.....

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is something odd about Wayne Newton's face to me. </div></div>

He was on "Design Star" the other night as the designers remodeled a couple of rooms in his guest home. He's such a nice man...but he's had so much plastic surgery that his face is frozen and he resembles a chimpanzee to me now. :smile: (please forgive me)

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I know. I'm terrible! But honestly, that's all I could think of when I saw him. :smile:

BadSuz

meowbunny

Your thoughts were kinder than mine. I thought he'd look good as a gargoyle on Notre Dame Cathedral and I'm pretty sure I've seen his face up there. From everything I've heard, he is truly a nice man but that face!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can't wait for this to start. My Mom is a professional ballroom dancer and 70something.

Too bad they aren't bringing back the ice skater dude. He rocked. Maybe he'll be there for an encore performance. I could have watched him and his partner for an hour!

Suz.....(a chimpanzee)? Wayne Newton? Okay Maybe the 4th monkey -
have no fun. You really are bad today are you low on M&M's?

I was curious about Lou too. He's really going to have to follow closely. And I guess if Suz thinks Wayne Newton is a chimp, all I can picture is Lou dancing, getting mad and saying "YOU wouldn't like me when I'm angry" and then turning green, his shirt ripping, pants get shorter but somehow still fit and doing one of those pro wrestler moves to look macho.

A cyber Bag of M&M's says he'll do the HULK for his theme dance.
Wanna bet?

Thanks for the heads up.

Kathy813

Staff member
Entertainment Tonight just reported that Marie Osmond is definitely going to be one of the stars this season.

The celebrity gossip website TMZ is saying that the leaked list might have some names that are wrong as a deliberate attempt by ABC to keep the actual list a secret until Wednesday. They had also reported that Marie Osmond would be one of the dancers even though she was not on the leaked list.

I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow. I have my dancing shoes on. :princess:

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
MARIE OSMOND? She's a doll. No, wait...she makes dolls. She's a little bit country. Maybe she's takin Achey Breaky's place.

GREEN M&M's DJ? OHhhhhhhh!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just read on another website Nia Peeples is definately NOT going to be on the show.....but guess they are trying to stir interest before Wednesday---too bad they haven't really thrown out any big names to play with.....

kris

official cast list from ABC:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=announcement

while lou ferrigno isn't involved the Deaf can & do dance & play music. heather whitestone, named miss america in 1994 is profoundly Deaf & her talent was ballet. they feel the music as opposed to hearing it the way we do. there is a new Deaf actor on all my children. born profoundly Deaf who not only acts but performs with-an all deaf band. thus concludes my personal PSA lol.

i think the list announced prior to GMA this morning was just one of those silly leaks & not so accurate.

kris

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I guess they are rotating the professionals. My favorite, Cheryl Burke is paired with.....the chimp. :slap:

(I'm sorry...I promise I'll try not to call him that all season.....but I can't guarantee it...someone slap me :crazy: )

BadSuz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kris,,,,,I did NOT know that about the deaf. Thanks for the info.

Suz.....consider yourself pummeled with M&M's....no wait.....B-A-N-A-N-A-S.....and tiny bubbles. Or was that Don Ho? I'm too young (snicker snicker) to really know. :devil:

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, here he is . . . you be the judge. Click on the second question mark. Oh, and while you are there, check out the last two question marks. Looks like there will be someone to watch, after all.

Wayne Newton

:rofl:

~Kathy