DWTS round 2----UPDATE

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> so....joey & laila are still my top two picks for the finals at this point....with-apolo brining up the third position. i would have switched joey & lalla's scores last night, but both were impressive.

ian is doing really well, but there is just something about him i don't care much for.

billy ray definitely gets the MOST IMPROVED award lol. he really was a huge surprise.

so who do you think will get the old boot tonight.

i'm thinking shanny or paulina most likely. they don't have the fanbase to keep them around for long.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
kris,

I agree with your assessment ~ particularly on the most improved award.

I checked dialidol and they also have stats for DWTS. They show Leeza and Paulina at the bottom. Shandi is surprisingly high up. My guess is that Leeza or Paulina will go home tonight.

I was also impressed with Heather's improvement but my favorite is still Apolo. Laila did move up in my estimation, though.

I love this show!!!

~Kathy

Lothlorien

Yeah, I'll agree with your assessment also. I was pretty impressed with Billy and Heather with their improvements. I think you are right about Paulina or Shani going home, too. I think all the others are too popular.

DammitJanet

I love this show too.

Who would have thought ballroom dancing would be this popular...lol.

Billy Ray really did surprise me. I loved Joey and Apolo. Poor Clyde...could they have found him a shorter dance partner? LOL.

When do they go home tonite? Isnt it going to interfere with Idol?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I missed part of the show last night and will miss tv altogether tonight :sad: . I'm counting on you guys to keep me posted. :sad:

I sure don't like that Shandi girl. I hope she's off first.

Suz

Lothlorien

Yeah, you're right Janet....poor Clyde. My Dad is the same height as him. I'm 5' 4". I've danced at weddings with my Dad a few times and it is a really funny sight to see. This poor guy probably wouldn't look so bad, if he had a taller partner.

I read somewhere that Louis VanAmstel wasn't called back because all of the women were taller than him. Seems a little funny that Clyde got someone who is over a foot shorter than him. I also read that Louis was too much of a Diva *giggle*

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i totally believe louis is a world class diva lol.

most of the professional woman are taller than clyde's partner. they do this junk to add *spice* rofl. if he dances big like they told him he better just pick her up off the floor & carry her through each dance :princess:.

i like leeza but she's just not doing well. wouldn't be surprised to see her go....tho i'd rather shandy went home.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> well i've impressed myself lol. i said it would be paulina & shandy.

i would have preferred shandy had gone. i liked paulina. she could have stuck around a couple of more weeks.

the results shows are just too darn long. we don't need an hour recap & THEN a one hour results show. i'm hoping the recap show was only because they waited two weeks to oust someone.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Lothlorien

I only watched the second half. I had no interest in watching a recap....what a waste of time!

I hate that way Paulina bats her eyes......if she batted them any faster, her head would have flown off!

I thought it would have been those two in the bottom too. Neither of them were that good and they just don't have the fan base like the rest of them.

Leeza isn't that great as a dancer, but she's got a huge fan base and I think she's going to end up being like (oh darn....can't remember her name....Harry Hamlin's wife....the chick with the funky lips). I think she'll finally click with her body and get the moves down and do fairly well....maybe not as good as the other woman, but I think she's got potential.

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> the name you're searching for is lisa rinna, loth.

yes, i think leeza has potential. she just has to loosen up those hips lol. i did like paulina...more than shandy that's for sure.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DDD

What sport does ?? Apollo ?? play? I was telling husband last night
that the gorgeous little 18 year old professional dancer traveled
to where his team played so they could practice. Logically..lol..he asked "what team?" DUH!! I don't know. I
don't think it's soccer and I know its not football or baseball
or tennis. What to heck is is?? DDD

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> yes, he's an olympic speed skater. he's actually in training while he's doing SWTS. speed skating calls for him to pull his body in while ballroom is exactly the opposite....large & open. his body is getting a lot of contradictory messages right now lol.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DazedandConfused

Well, I, for one, was sorry to see Paulina go. My sister and I have been Paulina fans since her supermodel days. Too bad her husband, Ric Ocasek, wasn't sitting the audience (or if he was they didn't show him) because that think that might of helped her. I know she wasn't great, but maybe I like her personality style. Very down the earth. I remember how everyone GASPED when she married Ocasek years ago(who isn't the best looking guy, but hey, so what?).

At this point, I'm not emotionally invested in anyone. I certainly enjoyed Apollo's performances, though. I love that leap when they did the quick step. Leeza certainly was better the doing the Mambo. Her first dance, oh geez! Wake me up when it's over! ZZZZZ Did you check out fingertip touching ballerina arms? *snicker* (Catty, I know. Meow!)

Seems there's many good dancers right out of the gate this time. The basketball player. I don't know..I hope he quits being so self-conscience of his height and goes for it. I would love for him to do better.

I love the element of suprise that comes with this show!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I missed both the dancing and the vote-off show. I'm so sorry to hear that Paulina left. I really liked her. Like someone else said, I've been a fan of hers for years....since she starred in the "My Alibi" movie with Tom Selleck (anyone remember that?). She seemed to have a sense of humor about how beautiful she is and everything else about her.

Dang.

I knew there was no way on earth she would win, but she was a heck of a lot better than Leeza and Shandi.

Dang.

SadSuz :sad:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> dazed, i was really enjoying paulina. i remember her from her modeling days. i thought she was a real sweetheart.

weren't apolo's leaps both incredible & gorgeous??!!?? i expected the judges to make comments about them. you would have thought he was a figure skater rather than a speed skater.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

jbrain

Hi,
this is fun--getting to talk about something besides our difficult children, as if we are real people with lives! :smile:

I liked Paulina--I thought she danced okay and loved her sense of humor. I wanted Billy Ray Cyrus to be the first to go but I knew he wouldn't--probably will stay on much longer than he deserves, just because of his fan base.

So far I think Laila, Apollo and Joey are the best but many of them have potential for improvement so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Does anyone here do ballroom dancing? My h and I swing dance and do a little Latin. I love dancing--always makes me feel so happy.

Jane

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i have two left feet so no, no ballroom for me. i just love watching it. caught the pbs ballroom champianship finale & plan to watch for the whole series next year.

we also have a grey's anatomy thread....usually each friday morning. there are also a few of us who really enjoy So You Think You Can Dance which airs on fox in the summer. feel free to join the fun.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

jbrain

Thanks, Kris! I also watch So You Think You Can Dance--we even went to their summer tour when it came to Syracuse and that was lots of fun. I caught a little of the ballroom series on PBS--I was excited because one of the couples was actually in Ithaca last Spring to do a demo for Cornell University's ballroom dance group and they were fantastic. Now I can't remember their names but they came in 2nd a few weeks ago in the ballroom competition on PBS--she is blonde and they are from New Jersey (well, via Russia I think!)

Talk to you guys soon...
Jane