DWTS...what'd you think??

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> so what did you guys think?

here's the results:

~~~ ian/cheryl.....21
~~~ billy ray/karina....13
~~~ leeza/tony.....15
~~~ joey/kym....24
~~~ laila/maxim.....23
~~~ john r./edyta.....19
~~~ shandy/brian....19
~~~ clyde/elena.....16
~~~ heather/jonathan.....18
~~~ apolo/juliana.....21

i was excited to see alec mazo back (first season winner with-kelly monoco). he's great. i'm disappointed that the adorable ashley isn't back this season. even tho her *stars* never did all that well i thought she was adorable.

opening number was great!! i also like the fact that the stars get another week before there is an elimination. wonder why they cut the preparation time by two weeks. maybe they thought it was too long for everyone to commit to??

now the dancers!!! i knew joey fatone would be great. he was my favorite going in. laila ali surprised me. i didn't expect her to be all that great :rolleyes:.

billy ray can go home lol. his performance was pretty much what i expected.

paulina has potential & her partner is alec (he did bring kelly up from the absolute bottom after all). i expect to see good improvement from her.

john r. surprised me. he was much better than i expected him to be. could they have found clyde a shorter partner??? OMG! loved shandy's dress & she has potential as well. heather....meh.

now apolo was delightful. he's just got to fight his natural instincts as a speed skater. they're definitely working against him. can't believe he's doing this show while still in training :smile: :smile:!

so who did you love? has potential? should just pack up their shoes & go home?

~~~ loved: joey, apolo & liala
~~~ potential: paulina, shandy, paulina, john r., & clyde
~~~ take your shoes & run: billy ray & heather

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take your shoes & run: </div></div>

Here we go again, kris! :slap:

:rofl:

I agree with your assessments, though.

Leeza was pretty stiff. Gotta give her points for trying, though.

And Ian (I've never heard his first name pronounced like that before----"eye-an"- huh? :nonono: )

I really enjoyed watching Joey and Laila. Both have natural grace and seemed to be having a lot of fun. John R. and Apolo, too.

Billy Ray has got to go. Poor guy. He looked pretty mortified at the end...

Suz

On_Call

I missed it last night - had a Mom's nite out bowling, which was sorely needed, so I guess it's good.

I can't wait to see Apolo dancing. He is too cute.

Aw, girls, be nice to Billy Ray - you're gonna hurt his Achy, Breaky Heart - I just don't think it'll understand. :smile: Was he really that bad? Can't wait to watch next week!!

Kathy813

Staff member
I missed the opening number since the student I tutor from 7-8 was late again! :mad:

I also missed Cheryl and Ian. Once the student's hour was up, though, I turned on DWTS and we watched while we waited for her brother to get there to pick her up. Her mom and I have to have a little talk!

I thought the worst two were Leeza and Billy Ray. My favorites were Joey and Ono. I agreed with the judges that Ono has the most potential.

And say what you will about Heather Mills, it took a lot of guts to dance with a prosthesis in front of millions of people. I thought she did well.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm not questioning Heather's guts, Kathy. She's proven that in other sports and with other activities. What I resent is probably the timing... that this seems so self-serving to gain favor after the horrendous press she's received over her divorce.

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz,

I guess I am just looking at it differently. There's two sides in every divorce and from what I have read I don't think Paul has been an angel, either.

I also think that she has taken a lot of heat in the British press. It can't be easy being married to such a public figure and then going through such a public divorce.

But dialidol.com also has stats on DWTS and it shows her dead last (statisically, though, she is in a tie with seven others) so I guess a lot of people agree with you.

I guess you can't mess with a Beatle.

~Kathy

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i agree with-suz that the only reason heather is on this show is to repair her reputation. i am going to hate hearing every week she is on how noble she is. she will get points from the judges for her disability & that is what the disabled say they resent. i suspect the public will take care of her in short order....at least i hope so. this will be my final words on HM because i just don't want this to turn into a weekly debate.

i loved apolo & think he has the most to overcome in that body dynamics are to curl in when skating & to be open & easy when dancing. he has a lot of natural talent. joey is my fav to win. suz ian has always been pronounced that way tho i have heard it with-a long I as well.

really looking forward to next week & then the elimination.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Nancy

What has Heather done that's so horrible other than divorcing one of our beloved Beatles. I must be out of the loop on this one. I just knew her as fighting for animal rights, a noble cause. did not like her dress though and found myself waiting for her to fall which detracted from the dance.

I liked Apolo but I'm still having a hard time getting past how badly he behaved over the years and especially in the last Olypics and how he played dirty if not blatantly cheated. But yeas he has good moves and is hot.

I wasn't all that wild about Ali or Leeza. Billy Ray was awful.

Nancy

DammitJanet

I agree with Kris on the ratings.

Apolo was my favorite with Joey second. Hated hated Heathers dress. She did look like a sundae. John R. did do much better than I expected him to do. Billy Ray can take his mullet and go home. I cannot believe he scalped that poor woman!

Lothlorien

I didn't think Heather looked very attractive at all. Hated the dress and the hair. The hair made her teeth look awful. I think it is great that she's able to show that her handicap isn't so much of a handicap. I could care less about her otherwise, divorce or not.

I thought Joey was the best. I liked Apollo, but I don't know anything about him. So far, the guys are looking like they are going to outdo the girls. I thought Ian did well too. What's with the pronunciation of his name with the long I sound????? what is that about?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
lol- I made the same comment about Ian's pronunciation, Loth. He might have always pronounced it this way but every other person I've known with his first name has pronounced it EEEE-un, not EYE-un. Glad you agree. :smile:

Suz