DWTS

DammitJanet

Ok guys...where is the thread?

So what did everyone think? Who do you think is gonna win? My pick is Apolo. I loved his freestyle dance. I have no clue why the judges didnt think his rumba was romantic enough. It screamed romance to me...lol.

I voted my fingers off last nite and had a really hard time even getting on the website and couldnt get through on the telephone for Apolo. Hope that is a good sign...lol.

DDD

husband is rootin' for Joey. I'm rootin' for Apolo BUT I really like
Joey also. on the other hand...lol...I think all three are terrific. I don't
recall ever ever watching a competition and not having a strong
emotional connection to one finalist. This time is different.
I actually admire all three couples. DDD

DammitJanet

We were all on the couch last night watching the show and commenting to each other that this has to be the best finale that we have seen.

You know it is really kind of ironic that families are gathered around watching ballroom dancing competitions...lol. Who would have thunk it?

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, I turned into a Joey fan last night. I really liked his freestyle with all of the lifts.

I kind of agreed with Len about Apolo's Rumba but I did like their freestyle.

I thought round 1 went to Laila but I really did not like their freestyle at all. It looked like something I see at a high school dance.

My all time favorite freestyle is still . . . Ride a Horse, Save a Cowboy!

~Kathy

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i'm just not into that hip hop stuff so i wasn't that crazy about apolo's free style tho it was very well executed.

joey was THE MAN last night. his free style was amazing. laila looked like she was in the boxing ring instead of dancing. she's done very well but she's never been at the top of my list.

going in joey has been my favorite. apolo has won me over, but i still want joey to win that shiney trophy.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yep, just reviewed online and Joey is my favorite...just have to do a little brag here...we went to the derby this year and stayed in the same hotel as Joey, he was in the lobby and I actually got to talk to him....eat your hearts out......and yes, he is that genuine in person!

Got to meet Apolo and his partner too, they are an adorable couple!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to meet Apolo and his partner too, they are an adorable couple! </div></div>

Apolo's dance partner Julianne?....or is he gay and you met him and his male partner?

I definitely think it's between the two guys. I'm happy either way. I think Apolo and Julianne are hard to beat.....but I thought Joey brought the house down last week and I loved his freestyle last night,too.

Kathy- no contest for me either. "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" is my eternal favorite, too. hubba hubba! :smile:

Suz

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> lol, suz. i've always heard apolo plays for the other team too. both my kids insist it's true. i tend to believe it. i think dance teams traveled together to boost the show.

on the E network there is a show about the behind the scenes at DWTS. apparently stacy missed the final two by ONE vote. i thought she was going to win...and she should have in my opinion.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kris, I don't care if Apolo or anyone else is gay or not. I was just asking for clarification of the sentence.

As for Stacy.....hon, it's time to move on, dontcha think? Stacy was Season 2---------old news! And DREW DESERVED TO WIN, NO CONTEST! (right, Kathy?) :rofl:

Suz :wink:

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" YEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW!!! :thumb:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It was his "female" dance partner, I just couldn't remember her name....sorry for the confusion, wasn't trying to bring up anyones' lifestyle....

Kathy813

Staff member
I never have understood why season 2 had only 2 finalists when season 3 and season 4 has had 3 finalists. I didn't watch season 1 so I don't know how it was done that year.

Yes, Suz, although I thought that Stacey deserved to be in the final two instead of Jerry Rice, I still think Drew deserved the win. Ride em, cowboy!

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, season 1 only had 2 finalists, too. They changed it last year to give the finals more suspense.

Whymemom---no harm taken at all. Thanks for the clarification. :smile:

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay fellow DWTS fans, or should I say fanatics, here is an interesting article in TV Guide online that answers some questions about Apolo and Julianne. I also noticed the line about Mario being in the audience last night with his "girlfriend and former partner" Karina.

I didn't think Mario had it in him to be a relationship that long. He sure played it coy last year about if they were a couple.

~Kathy