Ear hair

My neighbor found out her dog could hardly hear so she took it to
the veterinarian. He found that the problem was hair in its ears.

He cleaned both ears and the dog could hear fine.

The vet then proceeded to tell the lady that if she wanted to keep
this from reoccurring she should go to the store and get some "Nair"
hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month.

The lady goes to the drug store and gets some "Nair" hair remover.

At the register, the druggist tells her, "If you're going to use this under your arms don't use deodorant for a few days."

The lady says: "I'm not using it under my arms."

The druggist says: "If you're using it on your legs don't shave for a couple of days."

The lady says: "I'm not using it on my legs either, if you must know, I'm using it on my schnauzer."
The druggist says: "Stay off your bicycle for a week."

witzend

On a side note, if you use it on your legs, you don't need to shave for several days!

Maybe you don't have to shave for several days. I use Nair, and I have to leave it on for the full amount of time, and I have to wipe it off even though they say you don't. Otherwise my hair just gets wiry. Then I have to shave. Then when I get out of the shower and in the direct light (I have 300 watts of light over my vanity) I shave all the parts I missed. Apparently I have industrial strength leg hair.

My mother does not have a single hair on her legs or arms. I don't mean her underarms, either. I mean her arms. She never has, and I always asked her when I was a little girl, "why do I have hair on my arms and you don't?" I'm still waiting for an answer to that one. But I do remember her saying at one time "I always thought everyone in my family was very hairy." Well, they were. How come I got my Uncle's hairy legs and not her boobs?

klmno

Cute! I could use that idea on our lap dogs- but I wonder if there is potential any damage to their ears or hearing - I've always heard not to let water run straight in their ears because it doesn't run out as eaasily as in humans and can cause infection or hearing problems. So, what would you do- just use a little Nair on a Q-tip?

klmno

DARNITTT!!! None of us (dogs included) like the "pulling the hair out" solution- I was really hoping this would work!!

by the way- I let difficult child read this thread over my shoulder and we were just talking outside for a few mins. I was noticing the hair growing and starting to curl on his legs. So, I commented that he was probably going to have hair characteristics more like his grandfather than his father, since his father only had a few hairs and they laid down flat.
difficult child said he didn't care- as long as HE didn't get his mom's boobs.

(I'll talk to him about appropriateness of this later. LOL!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think Nair on a Schnauzer would at the least get you a vet bill from hades.

ROFLMSchnauzerOFF.

THanks BBK - I can always count on you to make me spit on my screen! :surprise:

Steely

OK, I actually laughed............which is so much more than when I usually hear internet jokes. VERY clever.

Kitty, you are the best.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl::rofl:

I was soooo avoiding clicking on this post. Glad I finally did! Although I nearly choked on my coffee.

Thanks for the laugh.

Abbey

Spork Queen
For the record (not that anyone cares...why am I posting this) I DO NOT have hair, nor do my parrots. So, no Nair or QTips needed.

Literally, I'm looking at my arms right now and cannot detect one hair. Ok. I see one. How I barely keep it on my head is a mystery.

Abbey

Andy

Oh Abbey! We do care :) :rofl: It is o.k., we love you anyway! You are perfect just the way you are. Don't ever change! :) :rofl:

You are posting because you know we love hearing from you even to hear about your hair issues. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. I'm neurotic enough that now I'm searching my legs, underarms...everywhere for hair. I HAVE NONE!! I can't remember the last time I have shaved.

What am I...anti-Saswatch (or however you spell that)?

Abbey