Early Childhood Interaction Patterns

New Leaf

I found this article to be interesting on how adaptive behaviors can become “grafted” onto a child’s style of interaction with the world. In adulthood, this grafted behavior is said to continue to be used by the individual to induce a “positive” behavioral and emotional response in others—especially significant others—thus reducing the individual’s anxiety.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-variations-our-irrelationship-song-and-dance

leafy

New Leaf

Yes, we cannot change the past, but we can learn from it. Understanding how our patterns of behavior may have been affected by family interrelationships may help us tremendously in our search and striving for our best selves.

I have crossed a threshold of sorts, wanting to go from examining past history, to how I may use that part of my life to help me grow now.

Thank you for all of your help, Cedar. It has been very freeing.

(((HUGS)))
leafy

Scent of Cedar *

We are doing well Leafy, thank you for asking. I have been working more lately, and have been here less often than I would like.

So, today, I realized an interesting thing. Does anyone remember the television series The Munsters? The daughter was lovely but believed herself a raddled old failure because she was not like her family.

The Munsters theme song

The Munsters - Theme - Longer Version

p184150_b_v8_aa.jpg

Cedar