East Coast Members, Please Continue to Check IN!!! (Hurricane Party)

tiredmommy

I'd really like for our members from South Carolina north through New England to check in regularly and as you are able. I know I'm not the only member worried sick about those on the east coast. Maybe we could have a virtual hurricane party. I'll bring a generator, plenty of gasoline, some bottled water and a big cooler full of ice and beer. Who would like to hang out?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm bringing my pony..........and like most 'cainers.........you bring what you have and cook it since it's going to go bad due to power outage anyway.....and share it with your neighbors. That would be (looks in freezer) a ham and a box of sugarless popsicles. (Grabs beer) thanks TM.......and goes back to sit on pony.....wonders why I grabbed a beer.....exchanges it for a bottle of water and sits back on my pony.

Something about boots and chaps that make you just want a beer.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm hanging out with my bottle of Toasted Head Chardonnay. The wind is awful. The road leading to our development is closed due to a downed tree blocking the way. difficult child 1 has never been one to follow the rules, so he just ignored it and drove under. He just got home, brought his girlfriend because "there are too many trees around her house". Gotta love a Mainer, they sure know about trees.

My beautiful non- fruiting banana tree is being shredded. I keep on thinking about Winslow Homer's hurricane paintings.

How is everyone doing?

tiredmommy

Oh no! Star opened that beer and hurricane etiquette 101 requires that nothing should be wasted. So... since we're the only ones here, I guess I'll have to drink it. Darn.

tiredmommy

3S~ That chardonnay has a lovely bouquet. I just came across the makings for a divine cream cheese and smoked salmon dip. You wouldn't happen to have any crusty bread or a package of fancy crackers, would you?

DammitJanet

Well Im here for the long haul.

I have plenty of stuff so if anyone needs me to run out for anything just let me know. I have plenty of sandwich makings, fresh tomatoes, and I even went and bought a really nice boneless prime rib that was on sale.

BigDeemom is having it rough in NJ. Tornado warnings and flooding all around her. She is stuck in a small singlewide mobile home too. Stuff hitting the roof right now. Im a bit worried.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I actually do have some roasted garlic crusty bread AND some smoked salmon, you know I'm French and Napoleon is the one who said that an army marches on its stomach. I'm not going down without caressing my taste buds.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I forgot to mention that I knew there was ONE last cucumber in the garden. I wasn't going to let Irene take it from me, so I went out in this rain and rescued it for the kitchen. I'm thinking of making a japanese noodle salad with the salmon and cuke.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending prayers to Dee and her family, I'm worried now also. For the hurricane party we've stocked up on french onion dip, pretzels & chips. I've got three bottles of red, one white, and lots of juice and water. I made a big pot of sauce with sausages and have a lot of pasta, already cooked to go with, a fresh salad and some ciabatta bread-who wants some? I can also do Polish-I've got some pierogis and kielbasa! Yum. No big winds up here in CT, but a lot of rain. I've closed the windows and have my fans going. I don't want to run the A/C's so I can hear what's going on. The pups are in bed with us and well, not much to do now but wait. I'm taking two tramadols tonight in the hopes it keeps my knee pain at bay till morning. I'm a little freaked out to be honest but I can't figure why, I've been through this before, oh well. H is, of course, sleeping like a lamb beside me, men!

tiredmommy

Oh ****! There's a severe thunderstorm that looks to be spawning a tornado in my cousin's town.. Please send good thoughts and prayers that they stay safe!

DammitJanet

you all stay safe. As long as you remember to do what you are supposed to do and dont decide you want to get on the news for being an idiot and be on the front page waving the flag saying I survived Irene in my front yard! you will be fine...lmao.

keista

YAY! My sister finally took out her window AC unit. Apparently I sufficiently scared her by telling her that if the windows do start blowing out, she can hang out in her hallway (no windows) Then we started talking about how her living room was pretty safe too (no outside windows - only windows to an enclosed front porch) and maybe she should sleep there. I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad, but right now she's the most "normal" person in my family and I need her around, so I'm kinda glad I scared her!

H&R Send some of those pierogies down here! I'll even trade for some Sapling (maple liquor)

DammitJanet

anyone heard from upallnight? Isnt she in PA or is it jersey?

One thing I saw on tv was the most awesome picture of NYC with the grey swirling clouds coming over it. I would have sworn it was a movie poster except there was a woman half in the shot with her arm and two little kids posed in front of some chain link fence.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am bringing 37 cans of stewed tomatoes, 4 gallons of frozen milk, 15 boxes of shredded wheat, and 9 loaves of frozen bread and 22 boxes of tea = can we make anything with that? Would throw in a bag of cream puffs, but mom checks those daily to make sure they are still there.

Hope everyone is staying safe - we are having a bit of a bad heat wave here, with an earthquake thrown in the other day for good measure.

Marcie

DammitJanet

what about SRL and Smallworld? anyone heard from them? Now this is when I am shaking myself for not remembering to get phone numbers...lol.

Im gonna take it as a given that Crazy is in the dark because at least 80% of the greater Richmond area is without power and we can consider her in that area. My Step-mom stayed with her daughter and she is okay but no power. She will call when she gets home to report on damage to her house.

I last talked to Dee at a little after midnight after the last tornado warning went out for her area. She was still getting lots of rain and wind plus some stuff hitting her roof but she was more comfortable and ready to hunker down until morning to see what that brings. I told her to call me if things turn worse in the night.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Checking in from CT. Some heavy duty rains, my pool was low yesterday, now it's overflowing, we are having spotty electric service and thunder and lightening this morning. Barely slept a wink last night, dang tramadol, but it killed the pain. H thinks we are currently in the eye, boy is he off the mark, we really haven't even begun. I'm worried about those we haven't heard from and also for family/friends on LI & NYC. Prayers to all! I'll check in later again. Keista, I'll trade! Sounds delicious.