East Coast Members, Please Continue to Check IN!!! (Hurricane Party)

Checking in here! We survived the storm and tornado warnings. No damage but no power or water. Made it to work. Took an hour and a half to drive 30 mins due to down trees, wires and flooded roads. Get to work.......no power! We are on generators though!

Hope everyone came thru this will little or now damage and prayers to those of you still in the path!

Special thanks to Janet for keeping sane last night! luv ya girl!

Hugs
Dee

Fran

Former desparate mom
3 Shadows, I have that print by Homer Winslow. It was a gift to myself after getting through Hurricane Andrew in S. Miami.
Hope you are all inside and following the instructions given by emergency personnel. If you have less severe weather, then you are fortunate. Don't take any chances.

Hi everyone, it looks like we all did ok. My power went out around 8 and came on this morning at 6. Everything stayed cold in my freezer thanks to the frozen baggies and water bottles. I was scared, and we may need a new roof, thank goodnes it wasn't worse. We have a big mess from the roof-in easy child's room a big leak, and it's all bucked in, that happened at 10, so thank goodness it wasn't worse. bigmomof3- I'm glad you're safe, I'm glad we're all safe~!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just lost power about 30 minutes ago. We're waiting a bit before using the generator. Honestly, I just need the fan to keep cool! So far, that's not so bad, is it? My pool is overflowing!

Mattsmom277

Upallnight, I'm very sorry about your roof and pcs room! But they can be fixed while you all can't, so I still say yours is a good update!

So glad nobody has checked in with major problems. I hope others check in as power comes back if they are without etc.

KLMNO? Did I miss a post by you? I know you left to a hotel but then the weather was hinky even in that location. I think that was over 48 hours ago you posted about that? (Dont' quote me but that's what I recall I think time wise). How did you fare in the hotel??

DammitJanet

UAN...I need a new roof and I didnt get anything...lol. I have shingles all over my yard...lmao but then my roof has been a shoddy mess since I bought this piece of junk trailer and the company went bankrupt and skipped town. 20 year warranty my fat butt.

One good thing for you is that Im assuming you have insurance (right?) and if so, then you get to pick out a pretty new roof. And easy child's ceiling will get fixed and anything in his room that got damaged will get replaced. No issue. Just move his bed or whatever is under it in the room to another part of the room. Redecorate!

DDD

Klmno checked in on another thread. Her big problem is trying to find out if her neighborhood is safe for return. Whew!

H&R, lol, it reads like your H's letter D blew away in the storm!

On a more irritating note did any of you see the STUPID "mature" Dad on television who decided he and his TWELVE year old son would "stay on their yacht to protect it" at some upscale marina? OMG! The news reporter asked the tween what he thought about that and this skinny handsome little boy said "I think my Dad is right that we should stay here". Can you say in unison DIVORCE TIME? I'd take my child and move into a leanto before I would trust that Dad again. I do hope they were spared problems....for the kid's sake. How stupid can people be? DDD

Lothlorien

We fared well. No power, internet or phone. I'm on my cell phone for this. We have no damage. We have a generator plugged into an GenSwitch that powers everything on our subpanel, so we are in fine shape. Glad to see those that have checked in are all good.

Yes, I put in a call to my insurance company, I know they won't call me back- I'll call them tomorrow. Janet, thank goodness we didn't get anything much or neither of us would have any roof. I thought the worst of it would be today and at 10pm last night my roof was about to go. At that point I realized I was dumb not to evacuate. Luckily it ended quick. husband and easy child went into the attic with flashlights (honestly all I heard was them cursing at each other) and put some piece of wood somewhere. They said forget about putting a bucket anywhere, the entire thing was caving in and leaking all over.....his room was just where we noticed it. Can Tony fix yours? Maybe there's some emergency aid you can get because of the state of emergency. Plus, you would have had insurance if the company didn't go out of business.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H just heard that only 30% customers of CT CLP lost power. We are wondering why we lost power as we've had stronger storms than this. Do you think they are cutting power purposely while they make repairs or remove debris? That's what I think. Anyway, we are using the generator for now. I may go see my mom in a bit just to see how she's doing. I'm glad so many of us are okay. Good luck UAN.

DammitJanet

Oh Im so glad to see so many of us reporting in!!!! whew.

My roof will be fine. we will eventually replace it. Tony is gonna go get a couple of bundles of shingles next weekend (or the next time he has at home since he is headed to the coast tomorrow to work on repairs!) and nail them down again.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Wed. 2:14, power back on, finally! Lost it during hurricane party.

I found out that a cold shower is much more unpleasant on the back than on the front. I resorted to the way we lived in France in the mid-fifties, boiled water to wash dishes, etc... As long as I can flush a toilet I am okay. Toilets are civilization!

jal

Southeast CT - been without power since 5am Sunday. Estimated to get it back 9/6. 10 days. We are in day 5. Generator died last night. Luckily a relative got theirs back and is giving it to us after work. First day back to work for me as they just got power back this am along with internet. School hasn't started (was supposed to Tue) now slated to start next Tue.

Trees down everywhich way you turn in my neck of the woods.

difficult child is @ work with me. He is getting his internet fix. TG for his DSi.

I am so done with this. Bring on the power!

TerryJ2

Many hugs to everyone. I didn't really "like" all the comments, but they didn't have a button that says, "Hugs.":sorrysmiley: