easy child 1 taking the LSAT

katya02

Solace
I'm praying very hard these days as easy child 1, my oldest ds who suffers from schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder, prepares to take the LSAT for the second time. He worked really hard prior to taking the test in October and was disappointed with his result, scoring below what he'd gotten in practice tests. Still, his score was high enough to get him attention from Tier 1 & 2 schools.

But he wants Tier 1 for sure and he's taking the test again Dec. 6. Trouble is, he's struggling with an 'episode' currently - he tells me he's having sleep troubles in a major way, and some thought troubles, and he's hoping he'll manage to do his best in two weeks ...

I can't stand it that this young man, who has struggled with scz since age 12, works SO hard and accomplishes so much, has so much potential, and if not for this illness would be able to do whatever in the world he wants. But the d*** thing wakes up and bites him at the most critical moments.

That said, I'm SO proud of him for hanging in there and working so hard. I worry about him going through law school with the stress (a major trigger, but so far he's managed with exams in university) but it's not my place to tell him to back off and choose something easier ...

I think I'm as stressed as he is, right about now! ;)

LittleDudesMom

Katya,

what a wonderful mother you are being so proud and supportive of your son. It shows clearly in your words.

My good thoughts, with a few prayers thrown in, for your son.

Sharon

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Keeping you and your son in my thoughts...... its a giant step and what an accomplishment even to get thru college..... how proud you must be!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wow. I will keep him in my good thoughts that he will do as well as he would like on this next test. What a proud mom you sound like. And deservedly so.

beth

F

flutterbee

I will keep easy child 1 in my thoughts as well. The power of this board has been proven time and again.

katya02

Solace
Thanks for all your good wishes. I know that so many warm thoughts and wishes will have an effect! Thank you! :)

I am always in awe of what easy child 1 has done in spite of his illness. A couple of psychiatrists have refused to believe his diagnosis given that he's done so well but I guess he falls into the small percentage of patients who manage to do well. He's very driven, knows what he wants, and he's prone to depression when his symptoms hit. I wish I could make things better for him! It's hard to see him struggle with the negative symptoms of the illness and to know that he finds socializing and enjoying himself so difficult. This is one of those things where, as a mom, I wish I could just take it on me and give him his chance to live his life.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wow, how proud you must be! To battle all that and push like he does....I'm humbled.
I would imagine he will really be "somebody". With all of his experiences, I imagine he has a LOT to offer!

Katya,

Add me to the group sending up prayers for both you and easy child. The fact that you name him as a easy child in your signature speaks volumes! You are obviously a very special Warrior Mom. Please let us know how it goes...