easy child and I are getting very excited about our apt.

KFld

I am going to be getting the keys to my apartment hopefully on Sunday and beginning to move some stuff in. I'm hoping to be in by the end of next week. I'm really starting to look forward to it. This is the first thing I have been truley excited about since the end of July.

easy child and I went shopping last night and bought a few things for the kitchen and bathroom. Nothing too expensive. Trying not to spend to much money because we have extra bills now, but Ocean State Job Lot has some nice stuff for cheap.

I started freaking out a little last night about leaving my home that I have lived in for over 20 years, but then I started thinking of my alternatives. H coming in and out, being alone in the huge house by myself all winter, or working on my marriage, which the thought of keeps getting more and more distant to me everyday. Then I stopped freaking out and started getting excited again :smile:

jbrain

That's great, Karen. What is the apt. like? I'm glad you are feeling excited about it! Let us know how the moving goes.
Jane

KFld

The apartment is more like a condo. It's a townhouse setting. I will have a garage I can actually park in, then I go up one flight of stairs to the livingroom, kitchen and 1/2 bath, then up another flight to 2 bedrooms and full bath. I also have a little deck off the kitchen. It's really cute and will be perfect for the two of us.

I'm glad the bedrooms are upstairs. It will give easy child some privacy. Our house now is very spread out and her bedroom is at the total oppostite end of mine with the living area in the middle, so she's used to her own space, as I am also. I didn't really want something that we were really close together on one floor. I don't think either one of could have handled a total loss of privacy at this point.

nvts

Oh Karen....

don't forget to buy....

:ghost: :goo: :frankenstein: :jack: :vampire:

Decorations for your first Holiday in your new "pad"!

So glad you're having fun!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Karen, this all sounds so very exciting. I'm happy for you. You get to create your own 'feel' in your new place. This is a positive change and one which should be celebrated! :smile:

Definitely get some decorations........ :jack:

mstang67chic

Going Green
While I can understand you being anxious about leaving your house of 20 years, I think the apartment sounds like fun! Even though easy child will be there too, this is YOUR space! I kind of wish sometimes that I had my own little place to escape to once in awhile. Enjoy it and have fun with the shopping! Try Big Lots too if you have it in your area. They usually have some neat stuff in there for really cheap. (or if you shop online, overstock . com has some good stuff too)

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang67chic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I can understand you being anxious about leaving your house of 20 years, I think the apartment sounds like fun! Even though easy child will be there too, this is YOUR space! I kind of wish sometimes that I had my own little place to escape to once in awhile. Enjoy it and have fun with the shopping! Try Big Lots too if you have it in your area. They usually have some neat stuff in there for really cheap. (or if you shop online, overstock . com has some good stuff too)
</div></div>

I believe our Ocean State Job lot is pretty equivalent to big lots. I don't think we have one of those around here. Or am I missing something good??? :smile: Maybe I need to look into that.

I do think it's very important, especially after counseling today, that I deal with my moving out properly. This is the house my children were raised in and I don't want to not deal with something and regret it afterwards. I'm trying not to think about it or deal with it, but I don't think that is a healthy thing. I think I need to make myself deal in the next week and get it out of my system.

I do find though as soon as I deal with one thing, something else creeps in. I think it's all part of picking up the pieces of my life that have been thrown up in the air and landed on the ground. I don't know if I told you all about how the night I decided to get my own place, all of a sudden the vision of my mother and her condition in hospice popped into my head and I completeley fell apart. I think through all of this I have put that on the back burner. My girlfriend said she thinks what happened is I picked up another piece by choosing to move out and then left room for me to deal with something that I haven't. This is why I need to make sure to deal with my feelings of moving out.

Does that make sense? I always ask that. Why am I so unsure if what I am saying makes sense?????

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Karen, Big Lots are all over the place - they used to be called picture and Save. I have one up the road from me and my retail therapy is going in with 10.00 and comming out with bags of "stuff" LOL

I think once you have moved and are in a new place that is ready to be filled with memories that belong just to you, you life will settle down a bit and you will have time to just grieve over things that have been hitting you right left and center this year.

Marcie

mstang67chic

Going Green
I hope you don't think I'm making light of you leaving the home you have lived in for 20 years. Sometimes when I post, I know in my head what I mean but it doesn't quite read clear when I type it. You do have to deal with leaving but at the same time, when I said it sounds like fun... I guess I meant that it sounds kind of exciting in a way that you have your own space to do with what you want. It sounds like you and easy child like the apartment and I think it will give you a neutral space to be in while you deal with the things that are going on with your husband and everything else that's going on. Hugs and enjoy the parts you can.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: busywend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you grieved your mother's passing, Karen?

</div></div>

I don't think I have had the chance to properly do that. I have been so wrapped up in what has happened to the rest of my life. I think that is what happened the other night. I made a positve decision to move out, which meant picking up another piece of my broken life, and that left room when I went to bed that night to all of a sudden start thinking about my mom and how much she suffered. It hit me really hard that night.

I think once I'm all moved in I'll have more time to really grieve for her.

KFld

By the way big bad kitty, I'm excited for you also. It is exciting to be starting a new life, isn't it?

And mstang67, I didn't feel you made light of my moving out at all. It just kind of made me realize that I better make sure I don't do that.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Moving to a new place is very symbolic....hints at new beginnings. I love to go out and buy new sheets and bed set of quilt or spread and shams, just makes me feel better when you see that bed all made up differently....

As far as grieveing for your mom, I think I would go out and buy a new lamp, something you think your mom would pick out (or if you think your mom's taste was not quite yours) something that when you turn it on you think of her....call it MOM's lamp. Just a reminder of her presence in your life.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhymeMom?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as grieveing for your mom, I think I would go out and buy a new lamp, something you think your mom would pick out (or if you think your mom's taste was not quite yours) something that when you turn it on you think of her....call it MOM's lamp. Just a reminder of her presence in your life. </div></div>

You just gave me an idea. When my mom was visiting a few years back she bought me some coffee mugs because we were running short when they were staying at the house. I didn't really like these coffee mugs, or should I say h didn't really like them, so we stuck them up in the cabinet and haven't used them. I think I'll take them to the apartment with me and when I have my coffee in the morning I will always think of her :smile:

busywend

Hey - you just got a new favorite coffee mug! That is nice.

I asked you about grieving for your mom, because you really do need to. It is not a process with a finality to it. But, I think you have not been able to actually start the process thanks to the husbands actions. It is a process with several steps. Don't cheat yourself out of that process.