easy child begins her journey home from Africa-safe travel juju please!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child will begin her travels this afternoon, leaving Accra around 8 pm. They will have a ten hour layover in Amsterdam and arrive at JFK around 8pm tomorrow.

If you could, please send up a prayer or thought for safe travels and good health. Thank you...I'm on pins and needles waiting!! They will have to pry me off her with a crowbar when she steps off the plane. <3

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child just called me from the orphanage in Ghana and was able to actually Speak with some of the children! So adorable! My heart aches for them; I know they will be just as sad to see the girls leave as the girls are! Probably more!

buddy

So relieved she is still safe. I hope her journey home goes well. I'm sure she will be exhausted and revved at the same time after such an amazing trip. Let us know when you get to hug your baby again!

Nancy

Sending good thoughts and prayers for a safe journey. What an incredible experience for your easy child.

Nancy

Calamity Jane

Safe home! Since she's arriving in JFK, I'd have a nice slice (or 2) of NY Pizza waiting! I'm sure she misses the food here most of all (next to you, of course)!

TerryJ2

Safe travels. It's a long bunch of flights.
I know you will be happy to hold her in your arms again.
Be prepared to look at a LOT of pictures! :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm so excited...in two hours she boards her flight in Accra! She texted me and said all the children, teachers, and even the older boys were crying when they said their goodbyes. I know her heart is breaking at leaving. Mine is soaring in anticipation of her homecoming! She said her friend is an absolute mess and doesn't want to leave. :crying:

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you so much everyone!!! easy child texted me at 2:30 am to let me know she had arrived in amsterdam and was beginning their tour there before heading out later. I'm so excited today!!