easy child called me.......

Jena

when she got hurt today at her track meet. :)

Now, you may seem it disturbing that I'm smiling at fact the child got hurt LOL, yet that isn't why.......it's because she called me, she called me and said mom i got hurt and said i have to tell you the whole story. On she went into her ten minute story of the injury, etc. (p.s. she's ok, just cut up; no stitches).

Thing is she called me, it's her way of getting back into the Mom zone with me. She also took time last night to help difficult child make dinner she let difficult child mix and she did the stove part. She took time tonight to read, yes read a book (love that i took the cell), and she watched a movie with us and had pizza.

I wanted to share a positive, since i've been ragging a whole lot lately and totally negative. :) who me, negative and complaining?? LOL no way!!

Anyhow I love that kid alot. I love that she reached out to me today and called me.

Andy

Good job easy child! Way To Go!

Jenn - you know you have reached the teen years when connections like this makes your day! I hope they continue.

and p.s. when she calls outside of being hurt, you are really going to be flying high!

I feel I am seeing a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel of those years as my easy child is 18 and is reaching out a little more to connect outside of those "I need stuff/money" moments. :)

Jena

LOL oh that made me laugh........so so true what you said. You truly know that your in the teenage zone when you get happy over an injury call!! LOL

TerryJ2

Oh, that's so sweet. I've often said about my daughter, that she is a child in a woman's body.
It is so hard, those teen yrs.
Thank you for the upbeat post.
And I'm glad she's not seriously hurt.

M

ML

Thank you for sharing that. These are the times that remind you why she is a easy child :)

B

bran155

I am so happy you had something positive to share. I love those "mommy" moments. For us they don't come too often!!!

How nice, you all had dinner and watched a movie together!!! :) It's strange, to parents like us that is a HUGE deal, "normal" parents would never understand the gravity of doing such a mundane thing. Good for you!!!

Keeping my finger's crossed for more evidence that she is a easy child!!!

artana

Jennifer,
I'm so glad to hear that something small and affirming happened. Sometimes, that's all it takes to keep going.:)

Jena

Wait, wait evidence she's a typical teen again!!! LOL I took her cell as you know and she's been oh so good about it.......

hmm dingy me, she's using her sister's cell phone the entire week!! LOL

Andy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Jen - I am so sorry! Why do we fall for these tactics every single time?

I know, once I stop laughing there will be serious consequences and probably a battle once the communications are really stopped. We do have to wonder when things seem to go easier than expected.

:rofl:

(o.k. I am joining your easy child in the corner - that is if I a allowed in the same corner? probably not - I may not be a good influence at the moment)

Jena

LOL, sorry I didn't see that respone!!! You are more than welcome in her corner!!! There's room, believe me. she's probably laughing on the inside.

Score: Mom 0

easy child 1

hmmm we'll have to update the score boards after the holiday and see if i gain a point!! LOL