easy child/difficult child starts college today!

Wiped Out

Staff member
She is going to the local technical college which is only about 2 miles from our house. She is taking a two year program that will allow her to transfer her credits to a 4 year college when she is done.

She is sooooooo nervous! She left the house by 6:40 and her first class doesn't start til 7:30! This semester she is taking Pilates, English 1, Algebra 2, Chemistry, and Career Exploration. Through all of this she wants to continue to work!

I'm so proud of her right now:)

T

TeDo

Pride deserved!! I hope she can handle all of that. Depending on the work and the amount of school work, it might be good to keep busy???

Pat on the back MOM!!!

cubsgirl

Wow- what a class load. Congratulations and best wishes for a great college year easy child/difficult child!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! She had a good first day! I'm crossing all body parts this continues. easy child/difficult child didn't do high school well at all. However, she seems to have a great attitude and is paying for this herself so hopefully that will make a difference!

SuZir

Congratulations! It seems like she has chosen nice, balanced course load for herself. I hope she does well!

Congratulations easy child/difficult child!!

I think spending last year working was a positive/valuable experience for her. I think it taught her more about herself, the world in general, then she would have learned if she had taken a different path. I truly believe she is much more prepared to do well in school and is ready to achieve whatever goals she sets for herself. in my humble opinion, the fact she is paying for her education just reinforces this.

You and husband provided her with the safety net and support she needed while at the same time, taught her that life is full of twists and turns, that it takes lots of hard work, determination and dedication to turn dreams into reality. No wonder you're so proud of her!! This "board auntie" is extremely proud of her too!! Way To Go easy child/difficult child!! SFR