easy child/difficult child's IEP today. Wish me luck

Californiablonde

In about an hour I will be leaving work and attending my son's annual IEP. Normally I dread difficult child's IEP's but easy child's aren't so bad. He is typically a good student with just a few social/emotional issues. This meeting will be different. He has been struggling academically since his surgery 5 weeks ago. My former honor roll kid is now getting 3 F's and it's too late in the quarter for him to make up the work. I dread going to this meeting. I am sitting at my desk right now drinking my tension tamer tea and trying to calm myself down. I just hate hearing so much negative. Hopefully there will be some positive in the mix, and we can all come up with a solution on how to get my son motivated. Wish me luck.

Californiablonde

The IEP went well. It wasn't all negative. His teachers reported that socially he has made great strides this year, and they all appreciate his witty, sarcastic sense of humor. As usual, he was reported as being incredibly smart but not living up to his potential. We all agreed that easy child has totally lost all motivation to complete work since his surgery. He is going to start recieving counseling one day a week with the school psychologist. I am really hoping the counseling will benefit him. All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I'm happy the school is willing to work with him.