easy child got accepted into her first choice of grad school!

TerryJ2

:kisses::jumphappy:We are all so excited!

She's going to George Washington University Art Therapy Program.

A funny story about one part of the interview: all the applicants sat in a circle and shared why and how they became interested in psychology. Every single one had a family member or friend who suffered from mental illness. One woman said that she herself was bipolar. I think she was misdx'd ... she kept going up to easy child and touching her hair and smelling it, "to get to know her." lol! I don't think she was accepted.
Can you imagine going to a therapist and having the therapist smell your hair to get to know you? I've got enough problems with-o having to deal with-that, lol!

We've got enough saved up for her tuition, but living arrangements--yikes! It's expensive there! My sister in law and bro used to live in the area so they are helping us scope it out in reg. to good and bad neighborhoods, apts and even private home rentals. Taking the metro will be an entirely new experience for easy child.
And I can't wait to visit! I love the Alexandria area and want to visit her all the time! This will be my new home-away-from-home. (Shh. Don't tell her.)

StressedM0mma

How wonderful!! COngrats to her and to you. You should be so very proud. Hopefully she will receive a fellowship or grant to help pay for tuition,and then some of that money can be used for apt. rental. I needed some happy news today!!!

DammitJanet

How wonderful! Jamie lives 35 miles from Difficult Child, want me to see if he has an opening in his home? Also Stafford would be a ton cheaper than where you are looking and it is on the metro. If nothing else she could probably share with a Marine and it would be much cheaper and the metro runs right through Quantico.

TerryJ2

Thank you, Janet ... I think 35 mi is too far away. We were hoping for 5 or 10.
Also, I think that the school has something private set up for roommates, similar to what she did for undergrad, where you can get matched up according to majors.
And also, my sister in law is working on it.
Thanks again!

buddy

Great News! Wow, and you are able to help pay! It would be great if she could start life without huge debt!