easy child is 21 today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My oldest daughter is 21 today! H says I am offially old. I beat him up and then he went to his corner...;)

We're going out for sushi tonight, easy child's favorite, and I ordered a cake from a catalog she wanted - I hope it's as good as it looks! White chocolate torte with raspberry cream and filling, yum. easy child will try sake tonight. She said she is not that excited about being able to order a drink in a real restaurant because she won't even get carded! It's true. Last year when we went to VA for her extern, at dinner, she ordered a bellini at Olive Garden and the waiter didn't even blink. I was a little stunned because to me she still looks like she's 17. Haha.

I wish I could do more, but alas, with money constraints at this time I can't. So, I bought her a robe, we're having the dinner out and the cake, and I'm picking up some balloons and a card. Oh well, she's going to be needing a car and we'll likely help her with that, so there you go.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Happy birthday to easy child...... sounds like just the right kind of celebration...... hope it's a fun evening for you all!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I beat him up and then he went to his corner...;)quote]

OMG I haven't heard anything so funny in weeks......ROFLMBO.......

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR))))))

and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO easy child. (tosses a Ritz cracker to your H)

trinityroyal

:singer:
erm...
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday too Yoouu
Hap-py Birth-day dear easy child-ee
Haaaappp-ppy Birth-day tooooooo yyyooooouuuuu!
:singer:

Jo, sounds like a lovely celebration. Happy birthday easy child!
:queen:
:hapBday:

Lothlorien

It sounds like you planned a very nice evening for her. I'm sure she will appreciate what you are planning. Helping her with the car is definitely a big deal.

Jena

Sorry I"m late I wish him a happy birthday on another thread you were in.

Hope he has a great great birthday :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It was lots of fun, thanks everyone. I am stuffed. easy child drank a half a Japanese beer. She's a lightweight (thankfully!). She didn't like the sake so I had to drink it for her...ahem. The cake was delish.

H went with her to cosign for a car. It's a 2006 Honda Accord I think; the price is right and the bank will finance it for her/H and it's in great shape, good gas mileage, etc. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if it's the right car, everything will go smoothly.