easy child is home and heading to school!

dstc_99

easy child spent several days after CHristmas with the grands in KY. She said it went pretty well and husband and I were truly enjoying the kid free time. We really had fun doing things we enjoyed without feeling guilty for leaving easy child home alone or listening to her whine.

Of course the minute she got home the fun all began. LOL

Within the first 10 seconds she was inside the house she had released the dogs from their kennels and gotten her brand new glasses scratched, screamed at them, and then stomped up the stairs. OH THE FREAKING JOY! Some days I am just amazed at how long in takes for a kid to learn to A. not stick your face in the dogs face B. we live in military housing and the walls are thin C. screaming at dogs for barking only increases the volume.

I am thrilled that we finally got approval to send her to the public school she wants to go to. I just don't know how much longer I could have lasted with her in the house being a lazy butt all day.

Is it wrong that I was not looking forward to her coming home? 7 full days of no whining, no obsessive use of the computer, no constant noises and over the top cuddling with the dogs, no panties getting eaten by dogs, no screaming at dogs, no moving slower than molasses and making life difficult, ……………….I could go on and on.

Wiped Out

Staff member
No it's not wrong at all! I would relish such a break and don't think I would be looking forward to difficult child coming home. The thought of 7 peaceful days...I can't even imagine it.

dstc_99

Wiped-
I guess I gust feel bad because this is easy child not difficult child. Problem is even though easy child is easy to manage her difficult child tendencies are coming out with age. LOL

InsaneCdn

even though easy child is easy to manage her difficult child tendencies are coming out with age.
NOT lol. It's reality. And when I look at your sig... your "easy child" ain't no easy child... not with what you list. She's just more easy child-ish than your difficult child is. SO maybe she's difficult child and the older one is difficult child? (just kidding).
Seriously... just being the sibling of a full-fledged difficult child is enough to drive a sibling into difficult child-dom. been there done that.