easy child is home for good

TerryJ2

Well, except for tonight, which is prom. ;) She's staying at a friend's house, and it's the friend's birthday.
But easy child has been home most of the wk, and has moved all of her stuff back in. Her room is filled with-paper bags of junk and it's going to take her quite a while to get it all cleaned and sorted!
Luckily, she has finished all her exams and classes, and she graduates next Sat., so she has some free time.
difficult child is very relieved. But he's still worried about talking to her. I asked him to go to an art show she was in, and he said no. Yrs ago, I would have yelled at him for being selfish and inconsiderate, but now that I know pretty much what makes him tick, I asked him if he was embarrassed to be around her and he said "Yes." He said he doesn't know what to say to her and it's uncomfortable.
(For the record, she feels the same way, but I didn't tell him that.)
This is going to be a long, hard transition, but the good part is that they are not fighting, they are staying out of one another's way, and easy child is being cognizant and considerate of the fact that difficult child goes to bed earlier so easy child can't stay up and watch TV all night, or listen to loud music.
She's very quiet when she gets in at night.
And we have explained to difficult child that life isn't fair, and because she's older, she gets privileges that she has earned, and that we all went through this as kids.

It's very quiet here tonight. difficult child is at the beach with-two friends and their parents, until Mon. night, and easy child is at her prom, and then spending the night with-a friend.

husband and I had a nice dinner out on the porch--salads with-fresh asparagus and snow peas, corn, baked potatoes, wine, and iced tea. And no interruptions. How often does THAT happen?

I am trying not to worry about either one of the kids and don't want to ruin my nice evening ... ;):(
I forgot to write down what time difficult child is supposed to take his imiprimine, for ex, and it's too late to call now. Sigh.

Jena

Wow, that's great! I"m really happy for you and easy child. I know how much this bugged you. Sorry i haven't followed it much as of late i've been deaing with my crazy life. :)

So, you def shouldnt' ruin your quiet peaceful night. i hope everyone else is well and great way of explaining why easy child gets certain privlidges too!!

You stayed strong, you have had an interesting year

((hugs)))

M

ML

I echo the sentiment of enjoying your downtime. With our kids we have to enjoy those moments when they come because we certainly can't plan them very often.

I'm glad easy child is home and pray that the mutual respect continues.

Hugs,

ML

Wiped Out

Staff member
Terry,
Glad to hear easy child is home and that so far the transitions is good, prayers it continues. Also, it's great you and husband have some down time:)

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
easy child was so quiet when she got home tonight, that at about 10:30 I called her and she answered her cell ph and said, "I'm downstairs on the couch." LOL!
We talked for quite a while and had a nice time tonight. We're going to BB&B tomorrow to get ideas for her dorm rm. She also suggested 2 more shops for my tiles, near her boyfriend's house.
We held a nice graduation brunch for her today at a local restaurant and it went very well.