easy child is hosting her own backyard restaurant today!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
She's been asking to do this for a week now -- so I said yes to today since we're not going anywhere. She made invitations apparently and gave them to four of the neighbor kids some time this weekend.

She's prepared a menu (haven't seen it yet) and has the patio table dragged out to the middle of the yard where it is set with a tablecloth, placemats, table runner, place settings of dishes, and some of my wedding bouquet flowers in a vase. It's very cute. She just asked permission to go see if any of the kids are actually coming over today (she set the time for noon, which is in about an hour).

She is so funny sometimes! A very creative kid who will not hesitate to pursue her dreams, I predict. :winks:

Last edited:

DDD

That's awesome. I always loved preparing for company. Wish I lived by because I would run over to fill an empty seat! DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Two sisters came over. She made Top Ramen for one and a bacon/egg sandwich for the other. Also served watermelon, milk and water. It was so cute to watch. She wore my apron and put on a nice little dress, doing her best to play hostess :D

I helped her with the bacon, but she did the rest on her own. She said her dream is to run her own restaurant like her uncle (brother in law#1) some day. Typical me, I told her it was VERY hard work and even her uncle was struggling (he's refinanced his house to the rafters to keep it running). I don't know why I have to keep my kids with one foot in reality... sometimes I think it's a bad habit. She frowned a little, but seemed to understand what I was getting at.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I think a little dose of reality isn't a bad thing. Let's her know that you listened and are trying to help her see things. She may not see that at 10 but one day she will.

beth