easy child is leaving on a jet plane...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child leaves for Spain today. I'm so happy for her - she's so excited.

But I thought I'd ask for some special 'safety prayers' from you all. I'm concerned not only for her health - her immune system is already shot and now she's going to be traveling all that time on a plane, breathing in the same air for hours, ick. But also just because she's traveling, I want her to have special guardian angel power. ;)

Thanks~

Abbey

Spork Queen
Jo...that is the coolest thing. How exciting to have that experience at such a young age. I'm sure she'll be fine.

My daughter is going off to grad school I believe in August in New Zealand. I WANT TO GO WITH HER!!! She's all nervous...I'm like - cool!!! Take those opportunities.

Spain...never been there. Maybe I could be her bodyguard.

Abbey

eekysign

Are they allowing inbound travel? My friends are headed to Spain this weekend, and I know they were worried they'd close international travel gateways. That's good to hear!

*keeping her fingers crossed for your kiddo and my friends*

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
"buen viaje" to easy child! How exciting for her. What part of Spain? Now she is a world traveler. What a brave and adventurous thing to do, good for her!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
They will be staying in Leon part of the time with her boyfriend's sister who lives there. And then for a few days, they are going to the beach in Torremolinos, near Malaga. So, their lodging is all FREE. How awesome is that? I told her boyfriend to let his sister know I will be there next year some time...lol. Thanks for the well wishers. I just left them at the airport about an hour ago - they were psyched!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dispatching extra angels for my board niece.......

sewwwwwwwwww what's she bringing me back from Spain?

TerryJ2

Well heck, she's probably already landed, but I will send more safe thoughts for her travels by train, bus and car, and on foot, as I recall the streets are very narrow.
The people are very nice though. She will have a great time.
(I went for a class trip with-my HS Spanish class. After we passed the Int'l dateline, we all got margaritas, as the European drinking age was 12 or something. The stewardesses, bless their hearts, had to act more like security guards, LOL.)

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Terry, lol! Keyboard still stuck here.

Yup! Legal drinking age was about 12 in greece/italy/spain/france on gfgfs school trips too! Lots of sexual innuendos and gross t-shirts too.

It will be a life altering experience.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I KNOW i WILL CATCH SOME FLACK FOR THIS, BUT IF easy child IS OPEN TO NEW EXPERIENCES SHE MIGHT GET A CHANCE TO SEE SOME FLAMENCO.
ANDALUCIA WAS OCCUPIED BY THE MOORS, LISTEN TO THE ARABIC INFLUENCES IN THIS MAN'S SINGING STYLE:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWhBGE_oKXE"]YouTube - Carlos Saura - Flamenco[/ame]

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
3Shadows, nice. I love flamenco dance - gorgeous.

easy child landed about 3:30 EST. I think they are about 6 hours ahead of us? She was supposed to land there at about 9:30 AM this morning their time.

This morning, Izzy went in to see easy child. Even though Izzy is glued to my side, easy child is her mom and I think she is always looking for her. (easy child is rarely home).

lovemysons

Sending caring thoughts out for your easy child. Coincidentaly my easy child just left this morning to fly to Vegas for a bowling experience...she's gonna get to bowl with Norm Duke (famous bowler).

Tammy