easy child Logic STILL Surprises Me Sometimes

susiestar

Roll With It
I have NO idea how I got a child that thinks the way Jess does. Sometimes she drives me nuts, of course, like doing six chores that are nice to have done but ignoring the ONE chore I assigned to her. But that isn't too huge a problem most of the time.

It is the way she sees life, and parenting that makes me stop and be thankful for her. I'm extra thankful because it rubs off on thank you too, He is a easy child but often is just oblivious to things.

Jess asked to make chocolate mousse from a box of Jello stuff that we got a while back. I don't usually buy that stuff but she and thank you had asked and had done a lot of chores that week. Anyway, I asked her if she was going to clean the beaters this time and not let them sit for 4 days like she did after she made cookie dough last week. She said she would, and that thank you had said he would wash them but he didn't so she should have the next day.

If THAT kind of thinking wasn't enough of a mind-melter, the next part was.

I told ehr that I kept my mouth shut over the cookie dough but would pester her if it wasn't done right away this time.

"Mom, that isn't pestering. It is just telling me to do something I should have done without being asked."

WOW. I know she is easy child and usually pretty easygoing, but that one just brought me up short. It would be one thing if it was a Christmas thing to butter me up. the thing with Jess is that it ISN"T!

How did I get a kid who thinks this way????? I SURE didn't!!!

easy child's are pretty cool to have. I think they are rewards. I know her friends don't think that way!

susiestar

Roll With It
If I knew how to create one I would happily send one to you. I can't even figure out how I got one. What is so strange to me, even after sixteen years with her, is that she is NOT manipulating when she says this. It is truly how she sees things!

Mindblowing. Esp after Wiz and gfgbro!

trinityroyal

Susie,
Jess is your gift, a reward for having survived the issues with gfgbro and Wiz, and a reminder of how wonderful people can be.
You're blessed.

Hugs to Jess.