easy child S and her broken nose

Woofens

Good morning everyone!

Remember New Years Day, I posted about spending NYE in the ER, and hoped and prayed that it wouldn't be a year of ER visits? Well.....

Spent about 4 hours in the ER tonight with easy child S (10 yrs old). She and difficult child J were outside playing in the snow. She was making a snow angel, and he was sled riding on his new innertube sled. Somehow, they collided, and S ended up with a broken nose!! difficult child has a pretty good bruise on his forehead and a black eye, but poor S has 2 black eyes, her nose is swollen and off-center, and bright red, and is bruised under her nose on her lip and up into her forehead. In the ER she said it was the worst pain she had ever felt. Even worse than when she fell off the 2nd story deck. (she was seeing how close to the edge she could sit without falling off... sigh...)

So we have another prescription for Tylenol 3, and an appointment with a plastic surgeon on Wednesday. Sigh. I don't want to do this every couple of weeks all year long. SO said tonight that now it is difficult child J's turn... first time ever I have wanted to smack him LOL

Hugs to all,
Janis

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, a broken nose can be a pain if not taken take of appropriately. I hope she gets good care.

Abbey

Woofens

I know Abbey. I have heard good things about this plastic surgeon, so I'm hopeful. My nose has been broken accidentally 3 times, then they had to break it to fix it a couple years ago. I have chronic sinus trouble due to mine still not being right. I don't want her to have to go through that.:faint:

M

ML

I am so sorry Janis. The plastic surgeon sounds great but OUCH. Hang in there and look at it this way. You're getting the ER visits for the next couple years out of the way in a couple of weeks and it will be smooth sailing now (work with me Janis). Thinking of you and PCS

Woofens

Thanks everyone! She is not nearly as bad this AM as I thought, the swelling isn't as bad as I expected, and she isn't nearly as black and blue as I thought either.

I called the plastic surgeon, they don't want to see her until NEXT Wednesday, because they can't do anything until the swelling is down.

difficult child came home from school today at 10:30. His nose could possibly be broken from the way he looks today. Gonna wait it out and see, don't want to go back to the ER, because I haven't been to bed yet.

Jo, that sounds like a plan to me (getting the ER visits out of the way now :) Thanks!!

Janis

klmno

OUCH!! I have heard that a broken nose is one of the most painful things to experience. I'm sorry she's having to deal with it and that the year turns out better than it's starting for you both.

KTMom91

Ouch! Hope difficult child's nose isn't broken, too, and that easy child's able to get some rest. Tell those kids to BE CAREFUL!

Woofens

Jo, that sounds like a plan to me (getting the ER visits out of the way now :) Thanks!!

Janis

Wow... I meant this for ML. Sorry. I was so tired and running on no sleep:(

Thanks everyone else for the kind words.

I don't think difficult child J's nose is broken.

Hugs
Janis