easy child Saving Her Mom's Toockus

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is an advantage to having someone in the family go thru the nursing program before you. :D

This darn (would like to use a more expressive word) paper I spent forever writing for patho had to be in APA format. Of course I've never even seen this format, let alone ever used it. My english teacher was certain the nursing program used MLA format so drummed that one into our heads. And I could do that format with my eyes closed.

So I linked into OWL at Purdue......love that place....and called up APA format.

Still I was too unfamiliar with the format to attempt to quote anything. I can do this in MLA.......but in APA it's a bit complicated.

Anyhoo......easy child called tonight. So I told her I'm emailing the paper to her to proof read. She said to hold off........to email the file to myself so I can go over there tomorrow night.........load it up onto her word program that also has an APA program add on that Travis found for her when she was in nursing school. (and that she still uses in the bachelors program)

Once the paper is loaded onto her program it will reformat it into the proper format without me having to lift a finger.

When Travis comes home during the tday holiday we're going to have him copy the program and put it onto my computer. :D

This is a good thing cuz easy child was telling me all about headers and page numbering and something yadda yadda ........and I just went HUH???:faint::surprise:

My word program does have a setting for APA......but it did none of those things. So thank goodness easy child's program will.

Paper writing is not my forte. The patho instructor is about to find that out. I dread it. I hate it. No, I loathe it. I'm always terrified they're gonna thing I plagerized the darn thing. I never have.........but when doing this type of paper it almost feels like it because you've so many facts and such to put in, and honestly there are only so many ways to say the same thing.:whiteflag:

So I sweat until the grade comes in. Kind of hard not to when pagerism can not only get me kicked out of the program but out of school as well.

Oh, well. It's done. Probably not an A paper. I don't know if I met some of the criteria or not, will have to wait to find out.

For those who helped with the links.........THANK YOU!!!! You've no idea how much you helped, especially the links for the nursing journals with the nursing interactions junk.

So now I can take a deep breath. Force myself to relax before going to bed. No more books tonight. And back up early to cram for the fundamentals test monday. (wouldn't have had to cram if it weren't for this darn paper)

I can't wait for xmas break. lol:tongue:

klmno

Wow- you have been a busy woman! I was going to say "good- you can relax tomorrow" but then I got to the end of your post. LOL! It sounds like you are handling this well although I'm sure you must be exhausted. TG you do have an extra set of eyes to proofread when you get this tired and have looked it the paper too long already.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL I'm lucky if I get to relax for maybe an hour a day. And they're picking up the pace. This patho paper is the make or break point for at least 6 or 7 out of 21 students. I just thank my lucky stars I'm not one of them.

easy child always proof reads for me, and I do the same for her. :) It works out nice for both of us. And I've read about 3 of the papers from other students cuz they had no one else to proof read for them.

I told my partner for the nutrition project/paper that I'm not ready to start on it yet. lol I'll wait until tuesday to jump into that one. She agreed. She's still working on her paper right now.

Most nights my brain hurts. And I'm never really sure how well I know something until I see my tests scores. That's not a big confidence booster. LOL :)

klmno

I remember those days- sweating bullets many nights to finish something or losing sleep stressing over a test. Of course now it seems like the good 'ole days but it sure didn't at the time! I'm sure you'll do fine- all the papers you write can't be the best ones!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG!!! Did easy child save my fanny!!!! I just got the paper emailed off to the instructor. (due by 8 am mon) I am sooooooooooo getting that program put onto my computer!!!

Now I've got to attempt to sleep cuz I've got to get up in 4 hrs. UGH