easy child starts her therapist internship today

TerryJ2

... and she's still an undergrad! She is so excited. She went in at 7:45 this a.m. to look over case files, and will sit in on appts all week (assuming that the parents give permission). She will administer ADHD tests and at some point, can even do art therapy with-some of the kids. Next wk, the therapist wants to show her the biz aspects of running a practice. He's got it so well planned out that the prof that easy child reports to won't have to offer any suggestions. It's very thorough. She's got a dress code (no jeans, but no biz suits, because they can be intimidating) and of course, had to sign a confidentiality form.
Way To Go. easy child!
:cheerleader:

T

TeDo

Wow! I am VERY impressed and you should be extremely proud. That is an awesome opportunity. YEA easy child!!!

TerryJ2

Thank you. And I am.
How ironic that she wouldn't be where she is today if it were not for difficult child.:future:

T

TeDo

That's kinda what I was thinking. Way to put ALL that experience to good use!!

TerryJ2

She came home exhausted but happy. She learned how to interpret and administer the Wisc IV (turns out it's not an abbrev for Wisconsin, lol!), and got to sit in on 3 therapy sessions. She loved it! She said it was easy to tell that a cpl of the kids were ADHD, but one of them was a bit more complicated, and the mom was a royal mess.
After all the sessions, she gets together with-the therapist to decompress, and make sure they don't get a pt or parent stuck in their heads and transfer any anger or disgust toward them.
Makes me wonder if any therapist has ever had to decompress after any of our therapy sessions ...:916blusher:

TerryJ2

Yep! Thank you. I can't wait for her to come home and tell me about it. It's soooo much more interesting than hearing about her idjit sorority sisters.