easy child Update

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child finally had her cast removed today. Bones have healed well. Screws and plates are still in place.....I think I counted 5 along one bone and two in the other. doctor may remove a few of them her next visit in about a month if he thinks she's ready.

He put her in what they call an air cast. In other words, a brace, not a boot. No PT. He wants her to try walking on it and doing the exercises he gave her to do before shouldering her with the cost of PT. If in 2-3 wks she doesn't seem to be making progress as well as she thinks she should, he'll bring in PT to help.

She's been practicing walking up and down her hallway all afternoon. Has gotten down to one crutch. Hurts but nothing over the top. Does at least know when her foot is on the ground which is a good thing, just has to sort of watch herself use it. easy child is a bit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about such things, and being a nurse she'll push herself as she should. She's hoping to get back to work asap. Hopefully around the first part of sept.

I'll just be glad to not have to load the wheelchair in and out of the car when we go shopping. lmao Talk about a work out.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
YAY!!!!! :happyguy:

I've been talking to her off and on on facebook, and her positive attitude is no doubt helping!