easy child's boyfriend and my difficult child bonding

KFld

Last night difficult child came for dinner and my easy child daughters boyfriend was over and they really get along good, which is very nice. difficult child just bought a beat up 1987 pickup and easy child's boyfriend goes to a technical school and takes auto body, so they are going to paint difficult child's truck together. I'm really enjoying this because for years difficult child never liked to sit and eat dinner with us, now when he visits he will and easy child and her boyfriend are at our house almost everynight for dinner.

It's a nice new experience in our family.

DDD

Geez, Karen, that sounds "normal"...like on television! LOL!
I'm happy for you all. DDD

KFld

I was thinking that when we were all sitting out on the back deck last night eating dinner together and chatting. Just like the Waltons, huh???

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
lol- yes, the Waltons, or the Cleavers, or the Andersons (Father Knows Back for those of us that old).

I love it, Karen. It must be enormously satisfying to have these moments. :thumb:

Suz

Sunlight

well we sort of had one of those moments. ant brought the new woman over sunday and kaleb. boyfriend and I cooked on the grill. she had on a black bra with a white wife beater T shirt over it. it set off the bloody area around where she pulled out her eyebrow fish hook thingy. he had on no shirt allowing his newly developing belly bulge to shine. his designer jeans were slung low under the belly line. he ate like a wild animal only growling occasionally as he looked up from his plate. she informed us she doesnt eat most of what we made so we cooked her a pork chop instead. they didnt come in to the table for at least 10 minutes after we told them dinner was ready. appparently they are both partially deaf from the music they listen to.

interesting. we made it thru though. I did not wear my string of pearls, just had on simple jeans shorts. lol

no, I'm not sarcastic now I am ??? (wink)

KFld

:rofl:

Your dinner on Walton Mountain was much different then mine. Now, if it was difficult child and wingnut mine may have resembled yours a little more.

donna723

Janet, if you didn't wear your pearls, did you at least have on your high heels? Very June Cleaver-esque! I wear mine while vacuuming, just like June did! And I have a whole closet full of those plaid shirtwaist dresses! June Cleaver is my idol! :grin:

:thumb:

witzend

I remember when L first started coming over and visiting instead of being a rebellious youth. It's very nice. Glad some of that is coming your way!

rejectedmom

Karen, I am so very happy for you and your family. It is my hope that someday we too will have some normal moments with our difficult child again. -RM

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donna723</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Janet, if you didn't wear your pearls, did you at least have on your high heels? Very June Cleaver-esque! I wear mine while vacuuming, just like June did! And I have a whole closet full of those plaid shirtwaist dresses! June Cleaver is my idol! :grin:

:thumb: </div></div>

:rofl:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Karen, those moments are precious. Enjoy. When easy child and difficult child are alone in the car with us and the stars and planets are in alignment, they start talking and laughing again. It's a throw back to an earlier time with our kids. I enjoy them so much more now that we had years when the two barely acknowledged each other.

A shared job sounds like a great way to make a decent friend. Good luck for both easy child and difficult child. </span>